As part of the Mid Valley Ag family, Cal Ag Services plays a crucial role in helping agricultural industries meet their safety and compliance needs.
At the direction of management staff the individual conducts matters of significance to the overall performance of Cal Ag Safety and client businesses. Potential candidate will be required to complete safety-related assignments utilizing established curriculum; assist consultants with limited safety program and worksite audits; and report findings in writing to consultants for corrective action. Fluent in both English and Spanish written and verbal, required to interpret or translate, orally or in writing, information for client’s workforce.
* Competitive rate of pay, commensurate with skills and experience.
1. Adhere to Cal Ag Safety’s policies, processes, and procedures; and completing assignments critical to the maintenance of clients’ safety programs.
2. Prepare training documentation; execute training sessions using regulation-based materials compliant to local, state, and federal requirements through the use of audiovisual instructional materials, machinery/equipment walk-throughs; and hands-on demonstrations of proper personal protection equipment use techniques; and file documentation in corresponding safety program.
3. Assist management staff with worksite and safety programs audits for effectiveness and compliance; identify safety concerns; and confer with Cal Ag Safety management staff on corrective action plans.
4. Evaluate, update, and develop new regulation-based curriculum and other Cal Ag Safety training materials suitable for client’s workforce in terms of culture, literacy, and educational level in English and Spanish; including but not limited to presentations, training outlines, attendance registration forms, newsletter articles, and complete all other duties as assigned in a time efficient manner.
Cal/OSHA and Department of Pesticide Regulation
· Assist management to plan, implement, communicate, and monitor safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, federal OSHA and EPA rules and regulations.
· Schedules and performs safety inspections; identifies issues and consults with manager on corrective action plans.
· Maintain thorough knowledge of federal and state OSHA and EPA regulations; maintain up-to-date knowledge of safety codes and regulations; distribute and/or post new or revised safety standards that affect the company.
· Identify potential safety hazards at all facilities, report hazards and recommendations for eliminating/reducing to management.
· Provide programs and instruction designed to give employees the knowledge and skills necessary to perform their job tasks safely, and carry out their safety responsibilities effectively.
Possess/be willing to acquire:
o General working knowledge of agricultural operations and ag equipment
o Background in local, state, federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, and other regulatory agency standards and guidelines.
o Knowledge to audit safety program and worksites
o Conduct interactive training sessions with adult workforce in small and large groups in English and Spanish.
o Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Constant Contact.·
Possess or obtain after hired required certifications:
o Minimum AA/AS (subject area preferred) or meet requirements through experience
o Private Applicator Certificate (PAC)
o Qualified Applicator Certificate or License (QAC / QAL)
o UC IPM WPS Fieldworker and Pesticide Handler Pesticide Safety Training Instructor
o Certified Counterbalanced and Rough Terrain Telehandler Forklift and Aerial Lifts (Boomlift and Scissor Lift) Instructor
o First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
o Certified First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor
o Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Certified
o HACCP Certified
o Cal-OSHA 8 Certified
o Hold valid CA driver's license, proof of vehicle insurance, and maintain good driving record
· Combination of indoor and outdoor settings in all-weather conditions in varied worksites; including office, ag shops, fields, orchards, vineyards, dairies, warehouses, packing houses, wineries, and huller/shellers, and vehicle.
· Complete assignments which require attention to constant alertness.
· Assignments require extensive talking and attentive listening.
· Occasionally lift more than 40 lbs.
· Sit and /stand for prolong periods of time.
· Carry loads for short distances.
· Use arms, hands, fingers to operate office equipment and presentation pointer.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.