- $70,000 to $100,000 Yearly
Financial Manager for Mid-State Energy
Mid-State Energy is a natural gas provider serving portions of seven counties in central Georgia. We are serving areas that are seeing substantial growth and we provide those areas with residential, commercial, and industrial natural gas needs. MSE is seeking a Financial Manager/CPA to be responsible for setting annual budgets and overseeing the financial health of our organization. We are looking for someone to promote success and growth while maintaining legal financial practices. The overview of duties will include financial planning and forecasting to determine how to pay off liabilities and grow the business, reviewing financial documents to ensure tax-compliance and collaboration with other departments to achieve monetary goals.
- CPA preferred.
- Minimum: bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- Minimum: 5 years of experience in accounting: setting budgets, creating balance sheets, and forecasting to help with cashflow and debt recovery practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to clearly explain and report on the financial status of the company whenever necessary.
- Ability to present written and oral financial reports to our board of directors at monthly and called meetings.
The Financial Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
· Implementing practices to increase profit through prudent financial practices while monitoring and enforcing compliance with finance-related laws, procedures, and regulations.
· The integration of bookkeeping and billing software and automation of billing, financial, banking, and accounting entries and records.
· Oversight and maintenance of all financial, banking, billing, and accounting information.
- Compiling and submitting reports to our board of directors at monthly board meetings, analyzing industry trends and assessing the financial health of the company.
- Coordinating with our Executive Director to oversee the operations and development of the company’s financial practices including reviewing current policies, establishing new/better policies, training customer service personnel in financial practices for daily reconciliation of payments and billing info, budgeting, recruiting, and training when needed, and conducting regular assessments of financial procedures.
- Coordinating with our external auditors and providing them with all pertinent documentation, reports, balance sheets, etc., for our annual account reconciliations/audits.
- Supervising the documentation of the company’s financial status and forecasts and mediating between the organization, employees, stakeholders, shareholders, and investors for financial issues for amicable resolution of differences.
- Creating strategic business plans based on the analysis of the company’s status and financial forecasts while working with “The Gas Authority’s” personnel who procure the natural gas MSE sales.
· Other duties that arise in the regular course of business from those set forth.
Salary and Benefits Package:
- The salary for this position will range from $70K to $100K annually. The final salary will be set based on education and experience levels. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, retirement, and life insurance.
Please submit resumes and references, through email, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Mid-State EnergyByron, GA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.