OUTSIDE PLANT INSPECTOR - TELECOM
Mid-state Consultants is looking for an Outside Plant (OSP) Inspector.
We have a current need, located in Wyoming
This position will be a Lead Inspector (RUS Resident Engineer) on the project
This is a field position.
YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN TELECOM INSPECTION AND RUS CODES/UNITS
Supervisory responsibilities to the job, as well as leading fellow employees on the project
· Valid US Driver’s License
· Ability to read and understand maps, drawings, and diagrams for fiber/copper construction
· Fiber/copper Outside Plant knowledge within the Telecommunications Industry
· History of adhering to safety procedures and practices
· Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team-oriented environment
· High degree of focus and attention to detail/strong organizational skills
· Must be able to perform repetitive physical motions of bending, standing, climbing, and walking on uneven terrain. (You will be exposed to various weather conditions)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform quality inspections, on cable/fiber optic installation work currently being performed or work that has been recently completed, utilizing established checklists and/or other quality related documents
· Witness and monitor work activities, inspections, and testing in accordance with approved quality plans, site surveillance plans, procedures, and processes
· Maintain records and prepare inspection reports
· Other related duties as assigned
· May be required to work overtime, depending on the schedule of the crews you will be inspecting
· Must be able to document work being completed in the field
· Provide daily updates to Project Manager on overall safety, quality and production
· Assists in the establishment of schedules, coordinates and monitors work flow.
· Prepares reports and documents and maintains project records.
· Resolves design problems and, when necessary, interprets company guidelines for specific applications.
· Provides quality control to ensure construction/engineering standards and specifications are adhered to.
· Interacts with Right-of-Way owners, permit agencies, and other company departments.
• Must have an in depth knowledge of telecommunications construction.
• Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Previous supervisory experience is important.
• You MUST be very familiar with RUS Units
• Experience in the telecommunications industry is required.
A highly competitive wage, along with full benefits, makes these positions very attractive.
We are a 100% Employee Owned Company.
We specialize in providing comprehensive, “full service”, communication systems engineering and are proud of our heritage in the industry, with more than five decades of experience in the communications field. We are a 100% employee owned (ESOP) company with over 100 clients in the telecommunications field.
We offer a full range of communications engineering services including:
· Telephony Engineering
· Data and video networks
· Computerized mapping and conversion
· Construction supervision
· ROW services
We have experience working for a broad spectrum of clientele including local exchange carriers (CLEC & ILEC), inter-exchange carriers, competitive access providers, cellular and CATV operators. We currently perform this broad spectrum of work throughout the United States, to include Alaska and Hawaii, as well as other international locations.
If you feel your qualifications meet the above requirements, please send an updated resume outlining your previous,
relevant experience to Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work Here?Telecommunications Engineering Firm
Great Company with Exceptional Benefits