- Posted: over a month ago
- $22 to $38 Hourly
WHO WE ARE…
Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics manufactures certified instruments, avionics and power solutions for the global aerospace industry and operates one of the largest maintenance, overhaul and exchange programs in the world. The company’s True Blue Power division is a leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lithium-ion aircraft batteries, USB chargers, inverters and converters.
As a Technician, you will troubleshoot, diagnose and repair a variety of avionic instrumentation equipment from the individual component level. You’ll be providing a critical service for the best customers from all over the world – from general, business and commercial aviation. We have high standards for the purpose of achieving perfect function providing the customer with reliable and quality products. To be successful in this role, you’ll need great aptitude for fine, detailed mechanical work and really understand the value of accuracy. You’ll be an important part of the process that keeps our customers flying!
THIS POSITION MAY BE FOR YOU IF…
- You have a high school diploma or GED.
- You have a minimum two years of experience in the maintenance and repair of various types of avionic equipment such as autopilot, radios, radar, transponders, etc utilizing hand tools and electronic testing equipment.
- You have a minimum two-year electronics degree or equivalent education, training and work experience.
- You have knowledge of advanced analog and digital electronics, system theory, and operational function of various units.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You are organized, focused and results-oriented.
- You are a problem-solver with critical thinking and prioritizing skills.
- You have good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
WE WOULD REALLY LIKE IT IF… (but it’s not a deal breaker)
- You are proficient with PCB soldering, but if not, we’ll provide training!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ONE DAY TO THE NEXT…
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, modify, replace and repair electrical components, parts, equipment and systems
- Test instruments using appropriate test equipment, circuit testers, oscilloscopes, and voltmeters
- Monitor daily schedule to ensure ship schedule is met
- Complete documentation such as shop, and manufacturing order records and submit required reports
- Read and interpret assembly drawings and schematics, procedures, and technical manuals
- Constant handle, feel and manipulation of small objects
- Occasional lift and carry independently up to 50 lbs
- Work in a well-lit, temperature-controlled, clean lab environment
WE WERE VOTED ONE OF THE 2021 BEST PLACES TO WORK…
- We provide competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and believe it is a valuable aspect of employee success and satisfaction.
- Our facility is temperature controlled, clean and organized. We operate in a professional, light manufacturing environment.
- We pride ourselves on having a friendly and diverse workforce.
- We are all on the same team. We communicate well with one another.
- We believe anything worth doing is worth doing right – every time.
- We have a flat organizational structure which allows for improved efficiency, easier decision-making, and improved communication between employees.
- We have frequent events to keep work interesting. Our food drive is super impressive, we have a food truck fest in the summer, employee luncheons throughout the year, monthly fruit/donut day, weight loss and step challenges with prizes and we sponsor our employees in community walk/run activities.
- We have a small company feel even though we’re doing big things!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics
AddressLos Angeles, CA
TravelView all jobs at Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?