Electrical Design Engineer - Entry Level
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $70,000 Yearly
WHO WE ARE…
Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics manufactures certified instruments, avionics and power solutions for the global aerospace industry and operates one of the largest maintenance, overhaul and exchange programs in the world. The company’s True Blue Power division is a leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lithium-ion aircraft batteries, USB chargers, inverters and converters.
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will design avionics, power electronics and battery systems using the best available solutions among analog and digital toolsets to create compelling new products. Experience the entire product lifecycle, from concept and requirements, through design, implementation, testing and certification, and field application. You can expect a variety of opportunities ranging from products for cockpit displays and instruments, local and remote sensing, data conversion and storage, lithium battery management, AC/DC and DC/DC power conversion up to 6000W, and in-seat power solutions. You’ll be part of the reason our customers consider us a premier instrument, avionics, and aircraft power solutions provider.
THIS POSITION MAY BE FOR YOU IF…
- You have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- You have at least 1 years of related job experience (internship or similar)
- You have proficiency for designing and troubleshooting analog and digital circuits
- You are able to work directly with prototype hardware in a lab environment, including bench equipment and other tools for testing and analysis
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office products
- You are able to work in a team environment
- You have strong attention to detail
- You are organized, focused and results-oriented
- You are a problem-solver with critical thinking and prioritizing skills
- You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
WE WOULD REALLY LIKE IT IF… (but it’s not a deal breaker)
- You have experience programming with C, or logic design with VHDL
- You have experience with C#, C++, Python, Labview, or other PC application software
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ONE DAY TO THE NEXT…
- Design schematics and direct PCB layout
- Research new components, technologies, and methods to incorporate into new and existing designs
- Design software or programmable hardware solutions to product and manufacturing needs
- Coordinate with other functional teams, including layout, mechanical, software, and certification engineers
- Build and troubleshoot hardware, including soldering, operation of test equipment, and daily work in both office and test lab environments
- Prototype and execute test programs to verify compliance with applicable performance, regulatory, and quality requirements
- Create and document designs in required formats, including BOMs, ECOs, and work instructions
WE WERE VOTED ONE OF THE 2021 BEST PLACES TO WORK…
- We provide competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and believe it is a valuable aspect of employee success and satisfaction.
- Our facility is temperature controlled, clean, and organized. We operate in a professional, light manufacturing environment.
- We pride ourselves on having a friendly and diverse workforce.
- We are all on the same team. We communicate well with one another.
- We believe anything worth doing is worth doing right – every time.
- We have a flat organizational structure which allows for improved efficiency, easier decision-making, and improved communication between employees.
- We have frequent events to keep work interesting. Our food drive is super impressive, we have a food truck fest in the summer, employee luncheons throughout the year, monthly fruit/donut day, weight loss and step challenges with prizes and we sponsor our employees in community walk/run activities.
- We have a small company feel even though we’re doing big things!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics
ManufacturingView all jobs at Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?