Inside Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mid City Steel (MCS), a leader in the steel service industry is seeking the best candidate available to help with our continued growth over the past 40 years.
The ideal person will join a company that provides world-class customer service that all begins once the phone is answered and it doesn't end until our TEAM knows that our customers are truly satisfied.
MCS is a state of the art facility with two locations that both house the latest in steel processing equipment, a brand new fleet of trucks that are all properly maintained, and a management team that cares about all aspects of their jobs and make sure all commitments are delivered when promised.
We also pride ourselves on using the tools provided by our IT department, which holds the entire sales staff accountable for any processed order. We do this through a technology called "CID" (Central Information Database). This technology helps ease the stress of being in a high paced sales environment.
Our purchasing team consists of many dedicated employees who help ease the stress from working in sales. As a member of this dynamic team, we want you to focus on your customer's needs and not worrying if you have the inventory to fulfill an order.
If you are a goal-oriented person with a solid track record in sales who takes pride in paying attention to the smaller details with an emphasis on career growth, you have found a great opportunity.
Required Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma / Associates Degree / Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in job-related experience
- Minimum 2 years of inside sales experience, or 2 years of call center experience
- Proficient in working with computers
- Proficient in typing and English grammar
- Knowledgeable in markups and multipliers
- Strong work ethic
- Proficient in basic math
- Proficient in note-taking
- Proficient in listening
- Own transportation with a clean driving record
- Fluent in Point of Sale software (P.O.S.)
- Team player who can accept constructive criticism
- Steel sales experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and CAD
- Working knowledge of contact management and order management systems.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
About Mid City Steel:
Mid City Steel is a privately-owned full line structural steel service center that has been in business since 1976. Our company prides itself on attention to detail and a can-do attitude to get the job done. At Mid City, creative problem solving is celebrated, and we embrace thinking outside the box. Our employees are confined only by their own creativity and imagination. We are rapidly growing and expanding at Mid City, and we’re looking for people who want to grow with us. This position provides long-term job security and a competitive wage with benefits.
- Commission pay
- One location
Mid-City SteelWhy Work Here?
Awesome VP of Sales, great Benefits!
Mid-City Steel is a privately-owned full line structural steel service center that has been in business since 1976. Our company prides itself on attention to detail and can-do attitude to get the job done. At Mid-City, creative problem solving is celebrated, and we embrace thinking outside the box. Our employees are confined only by their own creativity and imagination. We are rapidly growing and expanding at Mid-City and we’re looking for people who want to grow with us.
48 Stockhouse RoadGilman, CT
BusinessView all jobs at Mid-City Steel