- Posted: 7 days ago
About the job: The medical assistant is responsible for preparing patients to see the providers, facilitate test/paperwork as needed and to assist with clinical duties as directed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* MA’s are responsible for collecting vitals, medical history, medication history, pharmacy history and pain scale upon rooming a patient.
* The MA will also assist with in-office procedures, such as but not limited to: blood draws, suture/staple removals, cast removals, cast placing, dressing changes, UA collection, injections, and eye exams.
* The MA is responsible for making sure all proper information is collected and placed in the patient EMR.
* The MA will also assist with completion of patient forms such as: disability forms, restrictions, requisitions, post op, surgical, prescription refills and dispensing forms.
* Surgery scheduling and completion of orders. Ensures all tests and doctor clearances are completed prior to surgery and forwarded to the proper surgery center.
* Corresponds with case managers, employers and insurance companies.
* The MA will also need to maintain a fully stocked and clean work environment.
* Assist with keeping up on inventory and proper medical supplies.
Set Yourself Apart: Skills and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma
· CNA or Registered Medical Assistant Preferred
· One-year experience in an orthopedic or physical therapy setting preferred
· 1-2 years of customer service experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment Team player, positive attitude, willingness to adapt to change
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?