- Posted: over a month ago
Mid America Contracting, Inc. is a growing commercial general contractor based out of Columbia, Illinois that provides service across the country. We also perform residential maintenance work for a residential/ commercial property management company. We are looking to employ a local Maintenance technician with an outstanding knowledge of building trades, cleaning procedures and maintenance. This is a full-time, long-term position offering full benefits. Top candidates will be fantastic at building and equipment maintenance procedures and have extensive knowledge of health and safety regulations and practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect sites regularly to identify problems and necessary maintenance.
- Complete daily cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Oversee repairs and ensure that work is completed on time & with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain all inventory and equipment and ensure proper storage.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and practices on site.
- Conduct preventative maintenance work.
- Conduct follow-ups on all maintenance and repair work.
- Conduct safety inspections as scheduled.
- Establish strategies to meet workload demands on time & budget.
Qualifications (Knowledge & Skills):
- Working Knowledge of light electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and carpenter skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and alone
- Strong knowledge of building trades, cleaning procedures and maintenance.
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations and practices.
- Effective budgeting and performance management.
- Fantastic organizational and leadership skills.
- Great eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related communication tools.
- Great time management skills & a high level of trust!
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive hourly pay & opportunity for overtime!
- Health Insurance- 80% company paid health insurance for self
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability-Employee funded through pre-tax cafeteria account.
- Annual Company Bonus Plan based on company profitability.
- 401k Plan- Includes both Roth or regular 401k option with 4% salary match if saving 5% of salary immediately vested.
- Company Credit Card to Pay for all business expenses.
Compensation will be based on experience.
Mid America Contracting, Inc
Real EstateView all jobs at Mid America Contracting, Inc