The Mid America Balance Institute (MABI) was founded in 2008 to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of complex vestibular and balance disorders. We offer a dynamic team environment of audiologists and physical therapists, all specialized in the assessment and treatment of vestibular and neuromuscular dysfunction. In addition, we work collaboratively with physicians and healthcare providers throughout the Kansas City metro area and surrounding cities.
We are seeking a full-time medical receptionist to provide support with the daily activities of Mid America Balance Institute. These responsibilities will include:
- Telephone coverage
- Appointment scheduling
- Insurance verifications, and
- Coordinating patient care.
We are looking for a proactive, self-starting, motivated individual with excellent communication skills and time management abilities.
- Organize and maintain a filing system for patient charts.
- Answer telephone and either respond to inquiry or direct caller to appropriate personnel.
- Schedule appointments and enter appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
- Greet and direct patients, salespeople, and visitors.
- Register patients by verifying that patient’s record is up to date and accurate. Make appropriate changes in computer system and on patient’s chart.
- Coordinate referrals for patients through insurance companies via telephone or electronic verification.
- Collect payment from patients and reconcile daily cash reports.
- Communicate clearly with staff between clinic locations.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining policies and procedures to promote efficiency and consistency between multiple clinic locations.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a medical receptionist.
- Must have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, and internet software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships in a team environment. This includes listening, written and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Compassion, care, and respect for patients.
- Dependability, professionalism, and reacts well under pressure
- The opportunity to work in a team-focused environment.
- We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(K) benefits