Microway builds computing systems for research computing, HPC, AI, and Deep Learning. Our customers include universities, government agencies, Fortune 1000s, and beyond. Since 1982, our customers have trusted us to design and deliver unique and superior hardware—enabling them to remain at the forefront of supercomputing and solve the world’s toughest challenges.
We are looking for an HPC and AI Sales Specialist for our HPC & AI Sales Organization. This is not a traditional sales role.
If you are looking to help end users architect the clusters on which engineers design autonomous aircraft—or the systems that will run deep learning training on the video feeds from the NASA Mars Rovers—then you're our type of candidate.
"Must Have" Qualifications:
- Experience architecting or selling computers/clusters in some capacity—especially if including designing solutions for HPC or Enterprise clients (For those with less than the required experience we will train an exceptionally interesting candidate—just tell us why that's you)
- Technical depth in HPC or AI hardware—as a seller, consumer, or practitioner working with such solutions
- Amazing attention to detail: our Technical Sellers specify and control the proposal for every element of a customer solution. Small changes or errors have big consequences: both to our customers (system performance, cost) and our company (profitability, ability to successfully earn business). If you can't sweat the details, we won't succeed together
- Excitement about bleeding-edge computing hardware ex: NVIDIA GPUs, current and next-gen Intel & AMD CPUs, InfiniBand, parallel storage, beyond.....
- Technical problem solving ability: if a customer asks you to maximize core count in a cluster at a budget or deliver a system for an application, do you know what to do or how to find out? If you're a quick study to build such skills, that's great too
- Great customer-facing communications skills, both written and oral
"Nice to Have" Qualifications:
- Familiarity with SugarCRM, Dynamics or QuoteWerks
- Successful track record of calling on and closing purchases with researchers in academia or commercial accounts
- Deep Learning or AI domain expertise
- Familiarity with Linux (ex: play with it at home, did so in the past)
Our company takes a team approach to sales, integration and tech support. No territories, and no competition with each other for customers. We're far from a traditional sales organization.
Our sales team is very responsive to the needs of our customers, and we tend to develop longstanding relationships with them. This could explain why a huge percentage of our business comes from repeat clients. We don't sell, we earn business.
Day to day:
- Talk to incredible end-users and work with them help solve their HPC & AI hardware challenges
- Some customers will approach us knowing what they want (or thinking so!).You'll propose a system that matches this capability, and an elite HPC & AI Specialist will often suggest a superior design—to earn their business
- Others don't know what they require, and it's your responsibility to propose the best solution to them for their application, budget, or combination thereof.
- Nurture long term customer opportunities and projects. A few customers are ready to move forward immediately, but many of our customers often take 6-18 months to move purchase. Help shepherd the customer every step of the way
- Collaborate with your peers in our MA office on solution design, each day. You'll see your systems built out back in our production department, and if you have a proposal for improvement or new product you can see it realized
- Travel a few times a year to Deep Learning & AI or HPC focused tradeshows/events
Microway holds a GSA Schedule and has been in the high performance computing field for over 35 years . We are an NVIDIA NPN Elite Solution Provider, an Intel Platinum Technology Provider and HPC Data Center Specialist, and an IBM Business Partner.
An equal opportunity employer, we offer full time employment plus paid vacation and holidays, medical, life insurance, 401(K) and other benefits.