Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Are you excited about an opportunity to lead the specialist and global sales communities worldwide to drive the adoption of Microsoft Azure Infrastructure solutions? Are you a strong technical leader, interested in driving global business and working on the front lines with the worldwide field and product groups to scale our existing businesses and incubate new ideas every day? If so, the Azure Apps & Infra Commercial team is the place for you!
We’re looking for an exceptional technical leader and cross-team collaborator to lead the Azure Infra technical communities, develop the technical learning paths for the communities and accelerate sales engagements by removing technical blockers drive Azure Infrastructure sales & adoption.
As the Worldwide Azure Infrastructure Tech Lead, you’ll partner closely with stakeholders including senior leaders in the Product Group, Business Group (BG), One Commercial Partner (OCP)team, Customer Success (CSU), as well as Microsoft sales leaders with the objective of meeting and exceeding our revenue and scorecard targets for Azure Consumption. As a global leader on the corporate team, you’ll be a critical and visible leader internally and externally and will have the opportunity to drive customer-centered impact on our strategy both in the near & long term and work with many of the most senior leaders in the business.Responsibilities
Primary accountabilities include:
- Lead the Technical Communities: Provide in-depth technical coaching, and community leadership to the Specialist, GBB, and workload-specific champ communities to drive best practices, develop architecture guidance, assist in technical customer escalations, and increase technical capabilities
- Remove technical field roadblocks: Remove friction in the sales process by eliminating blockers in closed-loop partnership with engineering, CAT, CSU, CSE, DWR, etc.
- Develop the technical learning paths for Specialist and GBB roles, including assisting in developing and landing appropriate readiness path/plans
- Drive Customer Transformation: Engage, present, and aid in architecting solutions in a complex solution environment on key opportunities to secure customers technical decision and preference for Microsoft solutions.
- Be an expert technical field resource for Azure infrastructure workloads and related products and services worldwide.
- Be the voice of the field and the customers: Facilitation and delivery of closed feedback loop on product capabilities with key executive sponsors and cross-organizational partners including Engineering, Product Marketing, WW STU/Customer Success, Inside Sales, OCP, Services to accelerate customer success and influence the product roadmap and strategy.
- Field Connection & Immersion: Establish field relationships and ongoing engagement to formalize connection channels, listening systems, escalation management, and field council.
- Field Landing & Readiness: Collaborate with sales strategy leads, sales execution lead, readiness leads to assist in field landing, and readiness includes as appropriate engagement in virtual training, Executive meetings, field readiness events, etc.
- Best Practice Sharing: Partner with internal stakeholders and business sponsors to maximize sales synergy via knowledge transfer and best practices sharing.
- The candidate must have 7+yrs of experience in technical sales or engineering of cloud infrastructure technologies and solutions: compute, networking, storage, management/monitoring, HPC, virtualization, security, and Intelligent Edge
- Practical knowledge of building large scale infrastructure solutions, including cloud migration strategies.
- Prior work experience within a software and/or services company such as Amazon Web Services, Google, IBM a plus
- Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer-facing situations and deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Able to articulate the pros & cons of design/architecture decisions across a wide spectrum of factors
- Able to successfully coach and mentor a broad constituency of technical sellers, consultants, partners
- Able to distill widely variant feedback into root cause issues and provide actionable feedback to other stakeholders
- Should work autonomously, be results-driven, and demonstrate the ability to influence cross group agendas (including at an executive level) while driving non-reporting teams to perform.
- Candidate must be willing to take on big challenges with significant growth potential. Most importantly, the candidate will be a strategic thinker able to identify opportunities and alternatives while influencing a large team to execute on them.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- BS required; MS a plus.
The occasional US and International travel will be needed 10-20% of the time for specific events and customer activities. The position is located on our Redmond campus, but for the right candidate, we are open to other locations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.