Data is the new currency of the digital world, and Microsoft is uniquely positioned to help business and consumers get the most out of theirs. With the leading database in the world - SQL Server, and the rapidly growing Azure Data platform, Microsoft has made an enormous bet on cloud-based platform components that companies will need to derive knowledge and insights from big data and analytics in the cloud.
Creative impact at this scale is rare and is an enormous opportunity for the right candidate. Come join us!
You would be joining the Azure Data User Experience (ADUX) team as a Visual Designer II. We’re looking for design leaders whose work reflects a passion for helping people get the most from their data. We’re looking for colleagues who want to embrace complicated problems and have curiosity for exploring new product interaction paradigms. Ideal candidates would show an affinity for designing cohesive customer experiences across marketing touch points, product UI, and documentation, a sensible and thorough pursuit of user delight, and a track record for delivering thoughtful and impactful design solutions.
If you have a thirst for solving design problems at the intersection of product design and branding, working with everything from design systems and visual identity, to iconography, illustration, and UI, are a design leader who enjoys collaborating, and thinks conceptually and strategically about design we’re looking for you.
Come join us!Responsibilities
Contribute to the continuing growth of a strong and highly successful design team.
Collaborate with other designers to ensure consistency across experiences.
Communicate, document, and represent design direction to team members, senior management and key stakeholders.
Ensure the experience vision is driven by a well-defined nucleus of user needs, tasks, marketing and business requirements.
Work with design, development and program management teams to ensure interaction and visual designs communicate and function successfully for varying technical and performance specifications.
Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts.
Effectively communicate with developers, program managers, and other stakeholders through implementation phase to realize design vision
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Communication Design, Visual Design or Fine Art or Architecture, or 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of industry experience in branding, interactive design or visual design
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Have superlative visual design skills, think conceptually about design, present excellent problem solving skills, and exercise the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape a product.
- Demonstrate ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing and Usability.
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Powerpoint
- Experience working with Figma or Sketch
- Experience working within and contributing to a structured design system.
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Additional proficiency and experience in any of the following skills: print production, information visualization, motion graphics and animation, video, are not a requirement, but a plus!
Portfolio review will be required
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.