Job title and group
Test/Verification Engineer- Data center advanced Development
Business Group Description
MSFT Data center advanced Development
We are seeking a testing, verification engineer and lab supervisor candidate with systems setup, benchmarking, and validation experience, who can work with Microsoft and Microsoft's vendors to execute and setup benchmarking, power performance, lab management, air cooling and liquid cooling testing for our next generation cloud server infrastructure. The candidate will be qualifying hardware SKUs and systems to demonstrate how servers will operate under a range of conditions that would be expected throughout their useful life in a Microsoft data center.Responsibilities
- Liquid cooling lab management, benchmarking, support in robotics, support in logistics, DAD logistics support and CSI interface, support in all DAD lab work fuel cell and others..
- Management and ownership of liquid cooling lab testing, equipment, layout, operation, and upkeeping
- Prepare and setup different cooling technologies in the lab
- Setup and run benchmarking on different MSFT conf SKUs in different cooling solutions (CPU, GPU, Xbox..)
- Setup and run benchmark on specific intel CPUs, MAD SoCs, nVidia GPUs
- Setup required electrical, network, and data acquisition systems for experiments
- Organize with MSFT labs, facility, building, and safety
- Engage with subject matter experts from CSI (learning new benchmarks and setups required)
- Support CSI team in benchmarking and troubleshooting across all SIs and SKUs
- Thorough understanding of SPECpower_ssj®2008 benchmark. Including ability to setup, debug, config, and run on different platforms with different CPU generations
- Thorough understanding of IOmeter, DSKPD, OS setup, HDD setup, Intel PTU, FPGA/GPGPU power viruses, VMs, thermal chamber, airflow bench
- Working with OxM partners to audit remote test setup and conformance to specification.
- Remote/or onsite execution and/or review as well as results check.
- Debug of test or setup issues as they arise.
- Modification/tuning of test suite based upon system configuration.
- Development of test suite automation.
- Maintaining test documentation.
- Travel (foreign and domestic) to vendors sites to supervise/review testing and factory witness tests
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Minimum B.S./M.S. in Electrical/Computer Engineering or similar field (or similar experience)
- 3+ years of experience in systems hardware validation (development, execution, and debug).
- Knowledge of server system architecture and hands-on experience in bringing up, integration, and validation of PCBAs, hardware components, and systems.
- Familiar with and able to develop scripts (python, power shell) and routines to enable and accelerate data collection and data reduction via automation.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented individual, must be able to work collaboratively in team environment and across internal divisions and industry (OEM, ODM).
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with network infrastructure
Preferred, not required:
- Experience with industry standard benchmarks SPECpower_ssj2008 and/or IOMeter
- Experience with Intel Xeon processors
- Windows OS
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.