Mooncake (National Cloud in China) Support is part of CSS GCR which focuses on providing commerce, presales and technical support for Microsoft Azure across China, where Azure is one of the fastest growing service of Microsoft.
We are looking for a customer focused Service Engineer, with language proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, who is passionate about site up, availability, and supportability of Azure platform. This role will be accountable for diagnosing and troubleshooting mission critical customer applications built on the Microsoft Azure platform. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate breadth while managing complex, highly available services with a deep understanding of the underlying components, concepts (Azure Platform, Azure SDK, migration), and work directly with customers, Customer Support, Live Site Teams, and Engineering and supportability.
You will be directly involved with SQL customer migrations, helping on-premises to Azure SQL Database data and design migrations. Guiding customers on their path to the cloud and empowering them to achieve their goals. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one of more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues. Expect to travel to onsite visits to some of these customers, although most of the work will be performed remotely.
As a member of the Azure SQL Database team, you will also be involved on providing outstanding technical support experience to our customers, which could mean a few on-site visits with customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage cases over the phone and web.Responsibilities
- Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
- Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences.
- Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or escalated customer issues.
- Be responsive to customer needs during both regular hours as well as occasional times outside of normal business hours or on-call rotation.
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs, which may involve writing code.
- Stay up to date on the leading technologies and technical certifications.
- Contribute to product improvement and participate in pre-release activities and BETA programs.
- Develop and deliver training in person or remote to share knowledge with other engineers. Mentor new engineers.
- At least 1 year of experience working directly with customers in customer service industry, technical support, product support, IT Admin support, consulting, or product development
- At least 2 years experience with SQL Server or an equivalent database product
- Able to read, write and speak Mandarin Chinese
Soft Skills Desired
- Strong customer service skills, accurate and logical problem solving, and communication skills, plus the ability to excel in a team environment is essential
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills-both oral and written-and success in partnering with groups inside and outside of Microsoft
- Passion for technology, lifelong learning and professional development
- Experience in creating technical documentation and sharing knowledge with others through training delivery and mentoring
- Self-motivated and independent thinker that routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner
- Proficient in handling technically challenging customer situations, including the appropriate use of all available resources
- Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
- Cross-team collaboration
- Logical and Critical thinking
- Passion for the customer experience and customer support
Technical Skills Preferred
Primary responsibilities and knowledge requirements include a thorough understanding of one or more of the following products/technologies:
- SQL Server
- BI like ETL, Data warehousing management, Data Mining, Report Designer or developer
- SQL Azure Database or any other cloud based database
- Heterogeneous Database Management Systems like Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Big Data (Hadoop/Storm/HBase/Spark/Kafka) and Machine Learning knowledge
- Power BI
- Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing.
- SQL Server HA, Performance tuning, Index, Database Administration are strongly preferred.
- MySQL, MongoDB is a big plus.
- Expertise in Java, C#, Python is also a big plus.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), MCSA: SQL Server is strongly preferred, but not required at hire. Related field (or equivalent) experience will be considered.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits of working at Microsoft:
Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to manage your schedule efficiently.
We take your career seriously at Microsoft and will ensure that we provide regular reviews throughout the year to offer continuous feedback and support to inspire you, develop your skills and ensure your personal satisfaction and growth. The Microsoft performance philosophy recognizes higher performance with bigger rewards through a formal annual performance review.