Microsoft Federal is seeking a Strategic Account Executive who will work within the Department of Defense & National Security Account Team, a division of Microsoft’s Federal Sector. This individual will develop and execute a comprehensive business plan for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency focused on achieving revenue and strategic objectives.
Envision working jointly with this customer to merge business vision with engineering roadmaps to enable market-making innovations. Be the visionary that takes their leaders on a journey but use your industry and business acumen to make those dreams of today, tangible business outcomes of tomorrow. As the Strategic Account Executive, you will maximize customer/Microsoft relationships to drive enterprise solutions within the territory.Responsibilities
As a Strategic Account Executive at Microsoft, consider yourself the dedicated virtual CEO of an account who leads our top customer into the digital age.
This job will provide you:
- An opportunity to drive change with your customer to do business like never before in a new and transformational way
- A forum to co-create the art of the possible
- The chance to lead world-class, diverse teams of digital transformation advisors, engineers, architects, and delivery teams who all have a vested interest in the customer
The Strategic Account Executive will be responsible for the following:
- Business Strategy- Understand the customers’ business, business strategy and industry direction and manage a long term, sustainable business portfolio.
- Digital transformation – Disrupt the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase case for change and Microsoft’s unique value proposition
- Relationship Building - Expand strategic customer relationships to drive larger impact for the customer and to deliver business outcomes.
- Chief People Leadership – Mobilize, orchestrate, mentor and lead the Microsoft Account Team, partners and customer in order to help solidify the path to the complex yet exciting journey that is digital transformation.
- Business Development Artistry - Responsible for articulating the joint business plan and business opportunity generation with continuous learning and improvement industries such as Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive, Telco, Media, Oil/Gas/Energy
- 3+ years of building strategic business partnerships through selling or consulting with federal customers. Equally considered will be 3+ years of experience driving digital transformation from within federal customers
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred; or equivalent experience
- Experience in influence-without-authority (networking / orchestration with 50+ internal and external people) in global environments
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to run a business and commercial models (including, but not limited to, portfolio management, P&L ownership, business planning)
- Embody “we-before-me” mindset
- Federal industry experience
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.