The Store Manager (SM) creates a positive environment for customers and the store team. As a trusted leader, the Store Manager supports the team to learn and grow while they flawlessly execute and deliver excellent business results by increasing brand awareness and delivering experiences through world-class customer service.
As a Microsoft Retail Store employee, you have the unique opportunity to impact our company's mission every single day. Microsoft Retail Stores are the hub of cutting-edge devices and services, providing our customers the opportunity to immerse themselves in the latest and greatest in technology solutions that fit into their everyday lifestyle. As a member of our global Stores team, we value your unique perspective, background, experiences, talents and abilities. We are seeking store teammates who will make authentic connections and provide world-class service to our consumer, small business & community customers who come from all walks of life. These connections transform them into Microsoft-brand fans.
- A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and welcoming of all
- Training that will make you feel empowered to do your best work even if you aren’t a tech expert
- Career opportunities for all of our employees
- Fantastic, comprehensive and competitive benefits for full-time and part-time employees
- Gratitude & recognition for our awesome employees
- Belief that at Microsoft #WeWinAsATeam
- Drive a culture that consistently obsesses over our customers, innovates, builds on the ideas of others, and impacts overall business results through passionate and motivated teams
- Solicit and listen to customer feedback, identifying current customer buying trends while anticipating future needs and preferences, as well as providing related communications to the appropriate teams
- Provide clarity of store priorities and communication to ensure a seamless employee and customer experience
- Effectively respond to changing in-store environment, circumstances, and situations through customer engagements
- Consistently model Microsoft Values that contribute to a positive working environment
- Assess situations quickly and prioritize decisions that drive short and long term results
- Ability to be nimble and decisive in a fast-paced retail environment, providing leadership based on new or developing information
Drive for Results
- Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes by using effective approaches to solve problems
- Build and grow effective, inclusive teams where employees are able to do their best work and deliver exceptional results to our customers
- Drive a strong culture of operational compliance by providing leadership and accountability across the team
- Ability to tell the story of your own business through metrics, location, and industry trends while being held accountable for the success and profitability of a store location
Influencing for Impact
- Communicates positively to motivate and inspire teammates to sustain a positive work environment that upholds the Microsoft Retail culture and values
- Invest in the development of the leadership team; ensure all areas of responsibility (AOR) are executed flawlessly and hold leaders accountable for delivering results in their respective AORs
- Create a comfortable, growth-focused working environment that cultivates honesty and openness
- Feel empowered to engage with peers, corporate and field team members in the development of innovative ways to make a larger impact in our customers lives
- Contribute to the success of the store and the market by sharing knowledge, best practices, and learnings with peers
- 4+ Years Retail store management experience or People Management Experience
- Coaching or management of individuals in a metrics-driven consultative sales environment
- Previous experience managing or training in retail technology/electronics industry
- Microsoft certifications OR experience/education in technology/IT
- College degree preferred
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualification may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.