Microsoft has assembled a talented and diverse team to create the world’s first scalable quantum system. Our full-stack approach involves exciting innovations at every level, from the physics of the quantum realm all the way up to global services. Our quantum program has opportunities to change the world of computing and help solve some of humankind’s currently-unsolvable problems.Responsibilities
A key success factor for Microsoft is the ability to protect its intellectual property as it engages with universities and others. The Microsoft Quantum team is in search of a Program Manager, Operational Security, to join the team.
Responsibilities will include:
Serve as an entry point for day to day operational security measure management and escalation for the Microsoft Quantum program.
Develop operational security systems and processes to protect IP yet foster an environment where research and development teams can work collaboratively.
Collaborate with technical program managers to implement and audit enhanced security measures.
Develop reporting to ensure appropriate follow-up on execution of ongoing security implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, operations or equivalent plus a minimum of 7 years’ experience in business management, project management, account/third party management.
- Federal industry experience preferred
- Experience working in a classified environment is preferred
- Integrity, diplomacy, and partnership skills to work independently with all levels and functions of internal and external-related teams, ranging from senior leadership to individual contributors, scientists to business counterparts.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Domestic and international travel required – 20%-25% of the time
Citizenship Verification / Clearance Requirement
In addition, you must meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph).
This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
MICROSOFT BACKGROUND CHECK
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.