This rare opportunity at Microsoft is a global, high-profile role that will be at the forefront of building customer loyalty and engagement with our Power Platform suite of products (Power BI, Power Apps, and Microsoft Flow), which is a suite of products that Microsoft and the Cloud & Enterprise organization are investing in heavily. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategy to drive deeper engagement and greater value from our Power BI, Power Apps, and Flow customers.
As a Marketing Communications Manager, you will partner with the Power Platform product management and software engineering teams to drive customer engagement, work with data scientists to find interesting usage patterns to inform the behaviors we should drive, and work with other marketers to cross-promote your products to users of other products. We are looking for a results-driven, data-driven person who has a track-record of executing well and quickly and has the ability to build and leverage relationships cross-functionally.Responsibilities
- Partner closely with Product Management (Program Management/Engineering), Product Marketing Management (PMM), and acquisition marketing partners to develop and execute against a cohesive digital CRM strategy for the Power BI, Power Apps, and Flow products, with the end goal of increasing monthly active users (MAU).
- Develop, launch, assess performance of, iterate on, and programatize digital campaigns in owned & operated channels (e.g., email, in-product messaging, tele, SMS) that address customers at various stages of their lifecycle: acquisition via cross-sell to existing users of other products, trial, onboarding, usage, upsell, and retention.
- Partner closely with Product Management to influence the product roadmap to drive deeper engagement.
- Work hand-in-hand with our Analytics team and the Data Science team to define success metrics; measure and report on the impact of our work; and develop models or analyses needed to power our work.
- Provide the strategic direction, set goals, facilitate idea generation, drive prioritization, and set the rhythm of execution/delivery for the cross-functional team that works with you to support CRM for the Power Platform.
- Manage and work with our creative agency to develop our digital marketing assets to support your initiatives, ensuring a high quality bar in creative and messaging.
- Work with cross-functional partners in Legal (CELA), Privacy, and other functions to ensure that we are developing CRM experiences and campaigns that meet customer privacy, legal, policy, and customer experience standards and requirements.
- Live and breathe the customer experience, gaining a deep understanding of Power BI, Power Apps, and Flow -- as well as their competitors – to inform how we shape our CRM strategy.
- 8+ years of marketing experience
- Digital marketing or product management experience
- Experience partnering closely with Product Management and Data Science teams
- Strong analytical thinking and experience partnering closely with data analysts
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.