Come and join the Experiences and Devices Group (E+D) HR Team!
We are looking for an experienced HR professional seeking a bold, new challenge and opportunity to have high business impact? The E+D HR team has an opening for a Sr. HR Manager role supporting our M365 Core Substrate, Communications Cloud (IC3), and Workplace Analytics, (WPA) organizations.
Within this role, you will have an opportunity to have strategic impact and drive substantive business value for the organization. The M365 Core Substrate, IC3 and WPA organizations, joined together deliver enormous customer value under one roof toward achieving our Modern Workplace business objectives. This role reports to the HR Director- Experiences and Devices.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Increase your business acumen through learning the business objectives for M365 Core Substrate, IC3 and WPA aligned to how these organizations impact our company strategy.
- Work directly with and support CVP executives working to identify, explore and leverage synergies across the M365 Core Substrate, IC3 and WPA organizations that will help amplify and maximize business impact.
- Exercise and strengthen your ability to apply systems and organizational development thinking, as you work across both E+D and the broader organization. This item also includes applying systems and organizational development thinking to enhance HR business initiatives such as org capability, talent management and other related organizational effectiveness business efforts.
- Provide consultation/coaching to business leaders and improve effectiveness of leadership teams.
- Drive D&I efforts for the team aligned to the broader E+D and MSFT D&I strategy.
- Flex and grow your HR acumen as you partner with leaders with varying team/business needs, pace and configurations (acquired employees, newly established teams, teams going through change).
- Develop a strong muscle for collaborating and getting things done across geographic boundaries with your HR partners (both inside and outside E+D) and clients.
- Business Partner - Understand the business and people priorities while collaborating with HR and business leadership teams to diagnose and identify interventions needed to improve organizational effectiveness, organizational development, talent management, etc. and advance the business results in a service driven culture.
- Analytical skills- The ability to synthesize and analyze data for purposes of molding, framing and communicating such data in the form of a business case or story, that can then be used to influence and aid business leaders in making decisions.
- Change Agent - Partner with, and coach, executive level leaders, senior leaders and managers to facilitate organizational and cultural change. Educate the business on HR trends that affect the business. Acquire business sponsorship for HR initiatives. Successfully execute against our HR Work Streams and ROB for the E+D HR organization.
- Program Manager - Lead implementation of core HR programs into the business ensuring an effective, sustainable people strategy over the long term. Provide business-specific feedback to the HR team for design and delivery improvement of client-ready solutions. Ability to create, design and implement HR strategies/tools in alignment with both business and HR functional objectives. Examples may include diversity programs, organizational design, organizational/leadership capability, key talent programs, etc.
- Employee Advocate/Relations – While we have a dedicated Line Solutions organization to support ER work, the expectation will be to continue to build/support management capability to facilitate an open, inclusive, Microsoft Values-based environment that enables effective employee relations. Ensure the Sr. HRBP role is perceived as an objective employee resource and escalation path for unresolved issues.
Qualifications will include a minimum of 6-8 years of directly applicable HR experience or an equivalent combination of advanced training and experience. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate competence in organizational development, organizational design, talent management, coaching, compensation management, and the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity. The ability to recognize trends and identify systemic approaches to solving problems, along with strong consulting, business acumen, and analytical skills are essential.
Candidates must have excellent leadership, project management, computer, excel, communication, presentation, interpersonal and organizational development skills.
BS/BA degree is required. MBA or MA in HR Development, Organizational Development or related field is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.