The Azure Data & AI business is the growth engine of today, and tomorrow. The # of applications getting built is massive, and the data volume used in those apps is growing exponentially. Azure Data & AI is at the center of this evolution and the key strategic pillar for the company to drive and capture that opportunity.
The Data & AI Business Health Team is seeking an experienced Sr. Finance Manager to lead the Azure Database revenue business and partner closely with many stakeholders across engineering, marketing and sales. This includes leading strategic initiatives, developing and driving product analytics and insights, and managing the financial rhythm of the Azure Database business. This role requires strong analytical and collaboration skills, process excellence and the ability to lead projects across larger teams, partnering with our business stakeholders.
We are looking for a highly motivated high caliber candidate, who thrives in a fast pace and dynamic environment. The Azure Data & AI Business Health revenue team is a key contributor and strong partner to our stakeholders, assessing the business end-to-end, leveraging substantial product knowledge, taking technology or offering changes into account. This role provides controllership and will influence key leaders and communities across Azure engineering, marketing, sales and financial planning.
If you are curious and passionate about technology, you want to learn and understand the Data & AI business, value strong partnership across a diverse group of leaders, have a proven ability to effectively influence stakeholders and possess strong analytical skills and business acumen, then come join us!Responsibilities
- Lead key financial rhythms including monthly close across a variety of stakeholders including engineering, marketing, sales and finance leaders
- Develop insights and KPIs to best evaluate progress of our customers adopting Azure Databases and migrating from on-premise to cloud
- Recognize and understand underlying business and market drivers and the competitive landscape across cloud platform products
- Provide analytics and guidance on driving performance improvements
- Develop and support the annual target process for Azure Databases
- Perform ROI analysis for new and existing initiatives and offers to help optimize business performance
One of the single most important characteristics of an ideal candidate is a passion to dive into the business and generate insights to help guide the business in the right direction. The person should be able to build and nurture relationships across finance and business partners to drive results and insights.
- 6+ years of relevant finance experience with progressive advancement within your discipline
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Math or Computer Engineering; MBA preferred.
- Excellent cross group collaboration skills including the ability to comfortably communicate with executive management at Microsoft
- Ability to effectively manage multiple inputs across many stakeholders, prioritizing the effort on main drivers
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves at a very fast pace
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking
- Show propensity for learning, and demonstrate ability to identify, analyze, interpret, and deliver sound solutions
- Executive level oral and written communication skills - ability to communicate complex analysis and models in a simple way
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and the ability to synthesize insights from large datasets
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.