Core Services Engineering & Operations (CSEO) builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. Our vision to re-invent how Microsoft operates and radically improve the experience of our customers, partners and employees to accelerate growth for the company. We’re looking for a creative and experienced Marketing and Communications leader to run our Communications and Showcase efforts.
The purpose of this role is to enable CSEO to tell our story and communicate with internal stakeholders, customers, partners, and other external audiences in ways that are strategic and impactful. It requires orchestrating work and building close partnerships with key stakeholders across CSEO and Microsoft. This role also requires a strong people leader who is self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to effectively operate and deliver high-quality results in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.Responsibilities
- Developing and delivering the communications strategy for CSEO both internally and externally.
- Leading a team responsible for executive and business communications, including running All-Hands Meetings, storytelling on new products, and developing executive presentations and speeches from inception to finished product. This includes creative elements such as videos and interactive content that reinforce key messages, news, and brand image.
- Building a social media strategy and executing against it for the CSEO leadership team to extend thought leadership and to amplify our stories with customers, partners and employees.
- Leading CSEO event strategy for big Microsoft events, such as Ready, Inspire, Ignite and Envision, and developing approach for third-party events where CSEO is or should be engaged.
- Collaborating across corporate executive communications and other groups as appropriate to ensure communications themes are aligned with company and executive communications leadership across Microsoft.
- Partnering closely with Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion team and others to support their plans and ongoing learning/ communications with employees.
- Defining goals and metrics for the successful execution of the strategy.
- Leading our Showcase efforts including defining program vision and strategy, managing story assignments with writers/content planners and freelancers and making final editorial decisions.
- Provide thought-leadership for Showcase including, (1) the Showcase website. The site aims at delivering the voice of CSEO to the industry, delivering inspiration, advice and reference materials to Microsoft's customers. (2) Customer Engagement Management for CSEO, including efforts to connect sellers and customers to the right subject matter experts across multiple channels, manage the expert community and gathering feedback from meetings (including EBCs, managed engagements, and field engagements).
- Packaging and promoting vision-aligned trend and POV stories from executives.
- Gathering meaningful data, draw insights from it and present the results to high-level stakeholders/management; use results to inform decisions that will provide continued value for audiences.
This is the role for a communications and marketing professional with deep domain expertise demonstrated in practice and with proven track record of impact. We are looking for someone who is passionate for Microsoft's purpose and culture, is known as a great collaborator and thrives in the team that believes in "better together." This is the role for someone who is grounded in a Growth Mindset, is open to new ideas and perspectives, has a passion for learning and is a champion of diversity and inclusion.
More specific qualifications and attributes are:
- 10+ years in marketing or communications.
- Proven ability to listen and collaborate well - building and drawing upon a wide network, sparking great ideas, gathering and incorporating feedback and ideas from multiple stakeholders.
- Exceptional written communications skills. Proven strong presentation, speech writing, and PR content development experience. Written samples of work will be required during the interview process.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products and the technology industry is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize the complex - able to take multiple, complicated, disparate inputs from a variety of materials, evidence, and long form messaging and transform it into simple, clear, succinct, elegant, and compelling communication work products like talking points, Q&A, social content, and similar.
- Commitment to high standards of quality and an eye for detail.
- High capacity for multitasking and project management skills, able to manage multiple, high-stakes projects and deliverables simultaneously across workgroups and stakeholders.
- Self-directed with great initiative and sense of ownership.
- Highly comfortable in a high-paced and dynamic team environment, graceful under pressure and resilient.
- Executive maturity and demonstrate high EQ.
- BA/BS in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Business or related field (or equivalent)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.