The Microsoft 365 marketing team is looking for an exceptional technical product marketer to drive growth of Microsoft solutions for knowledge management.
The best leaders know that the transfer of knowledge within an organization drives agility and effectiveness. How fast an organization learns is a competitive advantage. They are searching for solutions to:
- harness the collective knowledge of the organization
- capture knowledge from content and conversation
- transform learning from a bespoke engagement to an ongoing, just-in-time transfer of knowledge and skills
- connect people with relevant information, expertise, insights and training, within the context of daily processes, tools, and devices.
Microsoft 365 offers world-class technologies that empower customers to accelerate the velocity of knowledge by connecting knowledge across the organization; capturing knowledge in all its forms including content, conversations, meetings, efforts and activities; reasoning over that knowledge with AI and human curation; and surfacing that knowledge in powerful, integrated discovery experiences across devices.
We’re building the team that will bring these capabilities to customers, empowering them to achieve more with a revolutionary solution for knowledge management.
If you are passionate about innovative technologies, eager to compete against other vendors in this rapidly evolving space, and interested in helping shape the future of work, this job is for you!
You’ll work to craft and deliver the Microsoft story for knowledge management, working across product marketing teams to generate energy and clarity for a successful go-to-market. You’ll work tightly with multiple engineering teams to influence product investments and product roadmap.
You’ll manage the planning, development, and go-to-market phases of the product lifecycle, coordinating marketing efforts across business planning, PR, partner, analyst relations, customer success, web and social teams in Microsoft 365 marketing. You’ll also play a key role in field sales enablement for enterprise business decision makers.
This role requires marketing skill, business acumen, and technical curiosity. Effective communication skills are vital as you will be responsible for storytelling and crafting marketing messages that are clear, memorable, and persuasive. You’ll develop a wide range of marketing content, including blog posts, FAQs, screenshots, videos, slides, and demo scripts.Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include:
- Act as primary spokesperson, subject matter expert and chief evangelist for the knowledge management story
- Develop messaging & positioning for knowledge management targeting, among others, human resources and executives responsible for knowledge and learning
- Influence product roadmap and direction by partnering with the marketing and engineering teams, particularly for SharePoint, Yammer and Microsoft Stream
- Develop core marketing content, demos, competitive analysis, web collateral, and blog posts
- Drive thought leadership as an evangelist for Microsoft 365, and act as a subject matter expert for internal training, go-to-market activities, and presentations to customers and partners
- Provide focused customer briefings, ad hoc inquiries, and content to support customers through Microsoft field teams and campaigns
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in technology product or services marketing, including producing customer-facing content and working closely with teams developing products/services
- Experience creating customer-facing messaging and content (blogs, web pages, social media)
- Understanding of technologies supporting knowledge management, communities of practice, learning/training, and enterprise search
- Demonstrated ability to address IT pros, technical decision makers, and business decision makers
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Proven capability to collaborate with and influence a varied group of stakeholders
- Demonstrated success marketing to IT and business decision maker audiences
- Experience with marketing to human resources, training/knowledge, and executive audiences
- B.A./B.S. in Marketing or related field
- M.B.A. (or equivalent in related work experience)
This role is based in Redmond with minimal travel (15-20%).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.