Are you a communications professional interested in an opportunity to join a growing business with a thriving culture focused on driving advertising solutions for our clients? Do you have a proven expertise in leading a strategy for communicating to internal and external audiences as well as clients? Do you thrive on bringing people together to ideate, create and drive an engaging and successful team environment?
Microsoft Advertising (MSA) is looking for a communications professional that can own and drive the internal communication strategy with the objective of developing, retaining and attracting the best team on the planet.
This leader will build a comprehensive global communications strategy and execute the plan to propel our business, our cultural development and the MSA priorities. She or he will be responsible for developing and executing internal communications plans including messaging, channel execution, awards and recognition, and events. This person will lead stakeholders across the organization in executing the plans, synthesizing inputs and creating deeply collaborative working teams to enable the organization to learn, grow and perform.
Consider joining us if:
- You’re a creative and out-of-the box thinker;
- You’re an authentic storyteller;
- You plan well with others;
- You’re a self-starter and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done; and,
You love helping others achieve their potential.
As the MSA Internal Communications Lead, your responsibilities will include defining and implementing a communications framework and yearly cadence of internal communications moments and opportunities to employees.
You will provide leadership in the development and delivery of internal communications messages and channel prioritizaion, lead the internal events strategy and key event execution, manage vendor teams in the execution of key communication vehicles, guide the measurement of communication effectiveness, coordinate with stakeholder and partner teams, enable 360 feedback opportunities for the team, and develop key relationships throughout team and stakeholder groups to facilitate coordinated and effective programs.
Key Areas of focus:
- End-to-end internal communications strategy: Create, validate and execute the annual strategic internal MSA communication plan so it is aligned with business priorities and people principles. Determine investment focus and priorities to ensure appropriate ROI.
- Organizational health steward: in partnership with the Communities Manager, provide framework for cultural principles, utilize communities for growth and engagement to facilitate organizational health and enable a healthy, learning culture.
- Create and guide internal messaging and stories throughout organization that motivate, inform, and connect teams.
- Manage implementation and management of communications engines: SharePoint, newsletters, broadcasts, all-hands meetings, Teams, Yammer, etc. for engaging and successful delivery of key stories and messages.
- Lead awards programs in coordination and context of other Microsoft and MSA team programs to reward, motivate and acknowledge valued performance and behavior.
- End to end planning and leadership of key MSA internal events such as Global Summit, MS Ready, and others as appropriate to connect, enable and inspire teams and build a healthy, engaged culture.
Budget management for internal communications.Qualifications
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Communications and/or public relations experience (direct advertising industry experience a plus).
- Deep understanding of internal communications principles, team development / organizational health.
- This high visibility role will demand a strong mix of marketing, PR and communication skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues and formulate recommendations to a wide variety of audiences are essential.
- Capability to process massive amounts of information and feedback to deliver engaging, impactful communications.
- The ability to take abstract thoughts and re-communicate these concepts into a digestible format.
- Effective influence and coordination with executives and varied communications styles.
- Team player with leadership strength to take initiative, establish a plan, spark people’s best thinking and work.
- Leadership and confidence: willing to take on big challenges, work through ambiguity, advocate a position, build a business case, and influence others (across function and across the company).
- The candidate must have proven experience achieving successful results in a global environment.
- Optimism, resiliency, advocacy and flexibility.
- Graceful under pressure, able to help others work through high-pressure situations.
The ideal candidate would provide the following skills and competencies:
- BA/BS in Marketing or Communications (or equivalent work experience)
- 7+ years communications, marketing or speech management experience. Exceptional storytelling, writing/editing skills
- Event management
- Strategic thought leadership
- Synthesizing and simplifying
- Drive for results
- High interpersonal awareness and integrity with strong executive business maturity
- Impact and influence, excels at cross-group collaboration
- Previous experience leading project teams
Previous experience working w/ senior executives in fast paced, high pressure, often ambiguous environments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.