LEAP Program Candidates, are you ready for the opportunity to make a billion people more productive with Software? Do you have the right skills to write and maintain services? We are looking for candidates who can think broadly, collaborate well, pick up and contribute to a broad range of technologies, and generally want to have fun enabling enterprise customers to leverage technology to be their most efficient and effective in their business.
343 Industries, the studio developing Halo games, is looking for a promising junior tools engineer to join our team working on the next big Halo shooter experience. As a tools engineer, you will work on the suite of in-house applications our artists and designers use every day to build the world and experiences of Halo Infinite.
At 343 Industries, our mission is to inspire heroes and deliver wonder. We strive to elevate and amplify each other. The core tools team is part of the team responsible for developing the tooling used to build and service the Slipspace engine and its content creators, empowering designers and engineers alike to deliver Halo Infinite. The team partners with many engineering groups to power and built our new engine.
343 Industries has developed a set key studio values which simultaneously define, shape, and drive our workplace: https://www.343industries.com/studio. Candidates are expected to be familiar with these values and should be prepared to demonstrate ways in which they reflect this vision.Responsibilities
Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes which will enhance their ability to succeed in these various positions.
- Collaboration - As most development is about working with others, both within an immediate team, as well as across business units and portions of the company, an ability to collaborate effectively is a core competency to have.
- Customer Focus - A focus on delivering customer value and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
- Drive for Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
- Qualified candidates must have already successfully completed or participated in the LEAP Program and worked in a software engineering environment.
- Current MSFT LEAP Program Experience
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: this position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.