Do you have broad technical knowledge of silicon development process from specification to release to fabrication? You will be part of a team responsible for delivering the latest EDA tool capabilities to the silicon teams within Microsoft aligned with foundry roadmaps. As part of this position you would pave the way for the design team by supporting, deploying, and enhancing the tool interface with the foundry PDK for the custom circuit and layout tools.Responsibilities
High level Job requirements:
• Understand the latest EDA roadmap aligned with various foundries to make sure we understand which tool capabilities align with specific tools/new features
• Work with foundry team to download, test, and validate each PDK release/patch
• Work with the rest of the CAD team to validate each major tool release against the PDKs
• Align with the design methodology team on high level requirements for a given project
• Good scripting skills to automate PDK, library, and tool validation for each release
• Own the signoff tool enablement configuration for digital and custom tools
• Transistor PDK configuration and management
o iPDK patch and release management for Virtuoso and Custom Compiler tools
o TSMC PDK+ configuration and management for Virtuoso tools
o Synopsys Quick Start management for Custom Compiler
o Mentor Calibre PDK installation, switch management, and validation
• Ability to automate Virtuoso tasks via SKILL and other tools via TCL to address any gaps in design productivity when using the PDK
• Work with digital enablement and methodology engineers to spice & characterize technology parameters like POCV tables necessary to converge the front-end design work.
• Working knowledge of design databases (OA, SPEFDB)
- Minimum of BS majoring in digital and analog IC design or computer science or equivalent experience
- Three years of experience in a similar role
- Technical background in some aspects of silicon engineering including circuit and physical design
- Programming background in TCL, SKILL, or equivalent programming languages
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, and a passion to dig deeper to resolve problems.
- Desire to build relationships across the diverse silicon teams to leverage learnings from one team to another
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.