EMS is one of the fastest growing businesses across Microsoft and Microsoft Intune is a key component of the EMS offering. With thousands of customers already on the service, EMS/Intune will quickly become one of the leading services at Microsoft.
Customers and Partners are betting on the cloud and expecting EMS/Intune to deliver an unparalleled experience on the service. Support is a vital component of the service and needs to be recognized as a signature experience. We are transforming Intune Support with a modern in-product experience, simplified path for help, and the operating model for services across the company to follow. Support is now an engineering pillar and treated as a first class experience. If you have passion for Customers and Partners, hunger for groundbreaking change, and demonstrated capability to manage at scale – bring your talent to the Intune Customer Experience (CxP) team!
We are looking for a senior leader who will help drive Intune Support to be a hardened discipline with engineering, an operating business within Intune, and an extraordinary experience for our Customers and Partners. As one of the initial roles in the APAC CxP team you will be comfortable building out the relationships for our team in the region. Being able to work independently and as part of a global team will be a key ability for success in this role.Responsibilities
Overall Scope & Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Software Engineering team to review architecture/design and provide feedback and guidance as it relates to the customer experience, support & customer impact
- Lead supportability and troubleshoot the availability of the service
- Define metrics and analyze system performance
- Drive process improvements within the team and the larger organization as a whole
- Provide active coordination across multiple support teams
- Partner with the software engineering and production support teams to resolve issues
- Drive bugs/DCRs related to problem management tickets
- Help to identify the cost associated with each problem management ticket
- Document processes, best methodologies and technical instructions for Support Groups based off the problem management findings
- Enable customer support teams and partners in a wide range of technical subjects
- Voice of the Customer: Identify trends that generate customer calls, review community data, and use that data to drive improvements back into the product
Professional/Personal Skill Requirements:
- Passion for customers
- Production experience in software installation, configuration, web server support, security, monitoring, and change control procedures
- Demonstrated experience in Client Side Support, Hardware/OS, and Networking
Sound troubleshooting skills
- Production system experience with Windows 7, Windows 10, System Center Configuration Manager 2012, and networking protocols
- Experience with iOS and Android devices and operating systems
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in a faced paced, agile environment
- Leadership: sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision making skills
- 3+ years’ experience leading supportability and troubleshooting the availability of applications, properties, systems, networks, and servers for high availability enterprise systems
- Microsoft certification in one or more disciplines desirable (MCSE, MCDBA, or similar)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.