Microsoft Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CSCP delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform.
As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow, the ability to deploy and maintain cloud hardware infrastructure in high volume and with high stability is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, CSCP is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Quality Engineer to drive the sustaining quality work and play a pivotal role in ensuring that Microsoft Clouds HW performance quality goals can be met. We are looking for a passionate individual to help build and maintain the servers that powers the world’s largest online servicesResponsibilities
- Work across the organization to identify and understand the critical HW components, their performance and improvement activities.
- Develop engineering relationship with Microsoft suppliers to aid investigations
- Drive component specific feedback to the sourcing team to support data driven decision making
- Participate in component vendor selection activity and drive component qualification activity for components that are critical to Microsoft product requirements
- Monitor the system and HW performance in the global data center fleet
- Establish Critical-to-Quality performance metrics
- Drive the continuous improvement process based on RCA’s and identified opportunities.
- Own and drive improvements via R&D teams
- Be the voice of quality in the HW change management process
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or related technical field
- +5 years’ experience in a professional engineering environment and background HW design, manufacturing technology or industrial engineering
- Deep understanding of root cause/corrective action methods to identify contributing factors of production defects
- Six Sigma Greenbelt
- Data analysis of large data set
- Understands server microprocessor architectures, including the operation of related subsystems, interfaces, and components
- SW/FW experience is a plus
- In depth knowledge of server systems
- Knowledge of the server HW manufacturing process
- Ability to analyses large data sets and extract the essence
- In depth knowledge of server components and their workings
- Able to communicate effectively in written and oral English, so that all stakeholders have clear understanding of issues and metrics
- Use and apply statistics to evaluate product reliability and highlight potential product risks
- Strong communication and project management skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.