Do you want to help define the future of software development? Are you passionate about marketing innovative solutions that enable enterprises move at the velocity of start-ups and start-ups to deliver enterprise grade quality? If you know that the cloud is the future and you want to be at the center of the action – this job is the one you want!
We are redefining the notion of software development and delivery at Microsoft. Today Microsoft delivers market leading solutions for DevOps with our investments in Azure and developer tools. And, the journey is still early with many fascinating opportunities that have yet to be realized in the cloud, on the edge and across devices.
As a product marketing leader, you’ll be charged with defining and executing the business strategy for Azure as the best platform for software delivery. Based on our latest innovations in services such as Azure DevOps along with 3rd party technologies, you will define and communicate our differentiated value proposition to help our customers embrace new approaches for software development and delivery. You’ll partner closely with engineering, sales, partner, business planning and other teams to build and execute go-to-market plans that drive adoption and grow revenue for Azure.Responsibilities
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Define our DevOps value proposition – With your deep understanding of the needs and challenges that organizations and developers are facing today, you will define differentiated value propositions vs key competitor solutions to accelerate the adoption of Azure.
- Showcase our solution – Build ‘wow’ and ‘how to’ content and go to market activities to excite, delight and onboard development teams and developers onto Azure.
- Enable the sales and marketing motions – Land business value content and offers in the right go-to-market vehicles and ready our sellers and partners.
- Run the business - Serve as the business leader responsible for defining strategy, market opportunity and customer segmentation along with key business levers and metrics for growing and managing the business.
- Change perceptions – Through interactions with influencers, press, communities as well as your own thought-leadership projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure as a development platform. Hands-on with our technology and our competitors’ products.
- Passion for application development – This role requires you to KNOW developers and their challenges and needs related to software development and delivery.
- The ability to work across teams (engineering, marketing, sales and services) to ensure alignment on business priorities and create and promote the right messages through the right vehicles.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in roles such as technical marketing or sales, evangelism, product management, etc.
- Degree in computer science or related area strongly encouraged.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.