Contribute to the design and ongoing evolution of our global Performance & Development (P&D) approach and help manage the translation of that design from concept into actual experiences.
P&D, delivered through our Connects, Feedback and Rewards experiences, is one of the most fundamental and potentially powerful processes we have in our toolkit to drive outstanding organizational and team performance, which then accrues to exceptional business outcomes. It enables us to connect our employee’s efforts to business strategy and helps us to provide them clarity on their job expectations and performance, as well as a mechanism to coach them in their careers.
So if you want to really get your hands on some of the core elements of our culture and employee experience, look no further!
You will have the opportunity to tap into the intellectual side of business and dig deep into the research, debate and ever-changing models of performance, feedback and development in order to inform our work and keep it current. Think neuroscience, organizational and social psychology, behavioral economics – super hot and talked-about fields of research in the HR space.
You will help us push the envelope and lead the way with innovative programs and practices that help our employees be their best. You will work on teams that cross functions, geographies, and disciplines, and collaborate with colleagues within and outside of HR who will help inform and fine-tune our work. We are boundaryless in our work!
This role provides an ideal opportunity for someone who loves to think big, apply concepts to solutions, and who wants to help drive culture and employee experience in a significant way. As part of our team, you’ll gain valuable knowledge and experiences that you will be able to apply to all parts of HR and the business.Responsibilities
Advance our Performance & Development approach
- Research trends and data (external and internal) and understand how our talent competitors approach the practice of Performance to contribute to the evolving design and implementation of the Performance & Development program.
- Measure program efficacy, analyze and understand the implications and opportunities presented in the data, and share your findings and recommendations in clear and compelling ways with key partners and leaders. This involves leading the design and execution of our annual P&D Perception survey with an external vendor and that reaches 25K employees around the world. Support additional internal research to gain insights on adoption of key concepts such as the Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Core Priority, and their resulting impact.
- Use your understanding of the program to clearly outline and propose evolutions that align with the Microsoft culture and advance intended behavioral and mindset shifts.
Manage program execution and evangelize P&D practices
- Inform our user experiences in the tools we create to support the Performance & Development approach. This includes the tool used to support our “Connects”, our continuous coaching conversations designed to help employees and managers discuss an individual’s contributions and opportunities for growth; and “Perspectives”, our approach to feedback. Assist with the global design and roll-out of enhancements to these and other tools/experiences, all critical elements of our cultural evolution and enabling growth mindset.
- Help drive annual P&D and Rewards readiness for employees, managers, leaders and HR and build greater understanding of our processes in order to drive better employee experiences.
- Develop and evolve program content and guidance found on our internal HR portal (HRweb) and in employee tools and resources.
- Work across the organization and across project teams to consider relationships between different programs and ideas and to ultimately create seamless employee experiences that help our teams get better and deliver results. You would work closely with key partners such as our Global Diversity & Inclusion (GD&I), Talent, Learning & Insights (TLI) team, Global Talent Acquisition (GTA), Compensation, Global HR Operations, Corporate Services Engineering & Operations (CSEO), Communications, Legal and our HR Line teams that support all aspects of the Microsoft business.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to communicate and connect the relationship and impact of employee Performance & Development in support of our Microsoft cultural direction
- Ability to understand, represent and integrate multiple business perspectives and the cause-effect relationship of Performance & Development and employee behavior
- Extreme curiosity and demonstrated ability to learn and communciate not just the what, but the why behind the design of our approach and supporting programs
- Strong relationship building and networking skills and the ability to influence effectively across groups with diverse populations, levels and interests
- Ability to deal with ambiguity – ask questions, state assumptions and move forward – and adapt to change rapidly in response to business conditions and priorities
- Willingness to take risks in proposing new and innovative ideas based on research, collaboration and creativity
- Interest and ability in applying technology in new, creative ways to enhance the employee experience
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to organize, analyze and apply research, including processing large amounts of data (Excel spreadsheets, pivot tables), in order to identify trends and potential opportunities for the business
- Excellent communication (written to prepare emails, Powerpoint decks, whitepapers and more, and verbal in meetings and presentations) and group facilitation skills, at all levels of the organization
- Work experience in the field of HR is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, psychology or related field, or equivalent experience. MA or MBA in HR-related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Performance Management and/or Learning & Development practices, theories, models a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.