Microsoft’s Gaming Marketing team is revolutionizing gaming. With a rich set of existing products and services like Xbox, Xbox Game Pass, Halo, Minecraft and Mixer, our gaming business is a one of the most exciting places to work in technology. We are fortunate to work on products that are loved by passionate customers, anchored by tier one marketing experiences. Our mission at Team Xbox is to inspire and engage every gamer on the planet with interactive and imaginative experiences. Our vision is to empower gamers to play the games they want, with the people they want, on the devices they want.
We are passionate about our mission, our vision and delighting Xbox fans worldwide. We are looking for people who believe in our mission and who will strengthen our culture. People with exceptional skill and capabilities; and those with new perspectives that will strengthen our team.
Are you a marketer with a love of games, cars, digital media, and storytelling? The Xbox Integrated Marketing team is seeking a Global Integrated Marketing Communications Manager for the number one racing franchise in the world, Forza. The role spans leadership of brand and integrated marketing communications across the product lines: Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsport, and Forza Street game franchises.
This person will lead campaigns from strategy through to execution, working closely with the games studio, product marketing, digital, media, research and PR, as well as a range of agency partners.
This role will lead the creation of breakthrough, fully integrated brand and integrated marketing communications. This includes driving global campaign and creative strategy and leading campaign execution and cross-marcom integration for Forza as it aligns to product launches, major business priorities, and key beats throughout the year. You will author integrated marketing plans; develop naming, branding identity systems, packaging; author campaign creative briefs, oversee asset production (e.g. video/film/digital advertising) and partner with both global and regional/field teams to hit all customer touch points.
The ideal person will have a proven track record of delivering creative, integrated consumer marketing strategies and have a true passion for the gaming and entertainment industry. You need to be adept at working across a large and highly complex organization with multiple stakeholders and have experience leading agencies to deliver campaigns on time and on budget.Responsibilities
Brand development and support:
- Develop & trademark new product names
- Develop visual identity systems that include deep guidance and assets for partners
Campaign development and production:
- Oversee global marketing communications strategy and develop integrated marcom plans that drive key business metrics for Xbox Services & Subscriptions.
- Oversee creative development and production/execution and cross-campaign integration - in partnership with global product marketing, consumer insights, media, owned channels, regional teams and external agencies and partners.
- Directly lead campaign development and video and digital advertising production for campaigns and key event-related assets with agency partners.
- Drive key consumer facing messaging and copy and identity assets that can be used consistently across all integrated marketing channels.
- Drive communications and content distribution worldwide, including guidance for worldwide usage.
- Lead the development and distribution of key campaign documents, including authoring the integrated marketing plan, campaign creative briefs, etc.
Cross-team collaboration and project management:
- Partnership with Global Product Marketing on core business objectives and outcomes.
- Partnership with the Consumer Engagement team and digital agency partners to ensure successful implementation across all digital channels (.com, social, CRM, etc).
- Partnership with regional marketing and marcom leads to ensure successful implementation and execution in key markets around the world.
- Partnership with Consumer Insights team on consumer insights, business intelligence, campaign measurement and reporting, etc.
- Partnership with Media to ensure successful integration and coordination of key paid media strategies.
- Partnership with the Worldwide Retail Services and Microsoft Stores teams to drive campaign implementation at retail.
- Budget ownership and management across multiple deliverables and lines of business.
- Maintaining compliance with legal, Geo Political and on the creative content approvals and clearances.
- Strong v-team management skills.
- Must have 8+ years of marketing, advertising, brand and campaign development experience, with extensive experience working with or for an agency, with a demonstrative portfolio of creative work.
- Advanced command of large-scale video, digital, print, and other production.
- Must have a strong analytics background and ability to turn data points into strategic insights that inform creative strategies.
- Must be nimble enough to negotiate with multiple stakeholders, be able to defend work, and also know how to address feedback and find successful solutions.
- Must understand the competitive landscape of gaming and the network of gaming fans & community
- Strong preference for previous experience with dynamic games franchises
Critical that the person has a real passion for cars.
- Must be customer centric and driven by a priority of earning fans.
- Must be a strong team leader and leader of vendors and agencies.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills while working with all levels within the company.
- A strong drive for results, with a proven track record, delivering under tight deadlines.
- Budget management experience and the ability to manage large scale production budgets across multiple products and timelines.
- Organizational agility and strong stakeholder management and cross-group collaboration skills will be critical of success, with demonstrated ability to execute through an influence model.
- Exceptionally strong project management skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.