Come join the team behind the Cloud! Microsoft delivers more than 200 online services to more than one billion individuals worldwide. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the infrastructure that powers the world’s largest online services. Learn more about our team and projects here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ecosystem-momentum-positions-microsoft-s-project-olympus-as-de-facto-open-compute-standard/
The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) Engineering team is responsible for Microsoft's server hardware definition and design. We work closely with Microsoft product groups, industry partners and researchers to design and develop server hardware that drives our cloud services at the lowest possible total cost of ownership (TCO). We currently seek a Hardware Enablement Program Manager; in this role you will work with hardware, software and service engineers, datacenter and supply chain managers, server manufacturers, component suppliers and others to support the development of the next generation of server hardware and peripherals that will power the Microsoft Cloud.Responsibilities
For this role, we are seeking an experienced industry professional who can coordinate and drive the activities needed to deliver rack cluster pilots based on new building blocks and technologies, to the data center. This will require close collaboration with internal partners, to coordinate the activities of engineering, configuration management, qualification, supply chain, manufacturers, system integrators, and datacenter teams.
- Partnering with engineering team members to gather and define solutions for datacenter deployments that utilize the latest technologies available and meet financial and strategic goals
- Partnering with configuration team, sourcing team, supply chain, engineering, and ODM partner teams to ensure the design quality and delivery metrics are well defined and on track
- Supporting the cross-functional teams during execution, reporting out to engineering group partners and management
- Defining schedules, dependencies, risks, and driving the project to successful completion observing the schedules defined
The ideal candidate possesses these skills and qualifications:
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field (or similar experience)
- 5-7 years or greater industry experience working in the technology field or on development of electromechanical devices, from definition to delivery
- Direct experience working with vendors for HW development.
- Strong ability to work across multiple organizations
- Familiarity with the key elements of server and data center architecture
- Ability to take ownership, receiving guidance when appropriate, of assigned projects and be responsible for meeting development commitments
- Effective communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms
- Must be able to plan work and work to your plan, adapting as necessary, in a rapidly evolving environment
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team in Microsoft’s Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft’s online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.