We are looking for a motivated and experienced program manager for our Responsible Sourcing team. This role is directly responsible for developing and managing the social and environmental accountability (SEA) program for Microsoft’s hardware supply chain. This position provides a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of many.
The position is based in Redmond and will report to the Senior Director of Responsible Sourcing. You will join an experienced team responsible for the end to end hardware supply chain program. Read more about our programs here.Responsibilities
- Lead the development and management of SEA programs, including but not limited to supply chain human rights for the Devices supply chain and partner with internal and external Microsoft stakeholders.
- Research, analyze and communicate global SEA related regulations, standards, best practices and provide strategic guidance to internal stakeholders.
- Program manage internal and external resources to develop and deliver programs, materials and other SEA related learning resources that supports the overall SEA strategy.
- Collaborate with the team to plan, develop, implement and communicate supply chain requirements and SEA compliance and sustainability programs to drive and continuously improve Microsoft’s Responsible Sourcing programs.
- Respond to stakeholder inquiries and develop effective internal and external communication materials.
- Develop evaluation and assessment methods to measure program effectiveness and drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate to build the team’s expertise in social, labor, environmental, health & safety and facilitate an inclusive and diverse culture we are all proud to be in.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, advance degree preferred
- Strong leadership skills, and proven ability to influence and drive change
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express related concepts in verbal and written forms at the executive level.
- Demonstrated project management, analytical and collaboration skills.
- Commitment to investing in your own and team’s growth and development.
- 5+ years of demonstrated hands on work experience in social and environmental responsibility field especially in human rights issues that includes progressive and diversified industry experience.
- A high level of enthusiasm, creativity, self-motivation, resourcefulness and effectiveness as a team player with experience of leading and influencing internal and external resources to ensure successful outcomes.
- Experience in successful implementation of quality and environmental management systems to ISO 9000/14001 and other applicable standards.
- Ability to design and deliver compliance and awareness capability building programs, and manage vendors and service providers.
- Knowledge of technology applications for sustainability preferred.
- Advanced user Excel and PowerPoint, Power BI preferred.
- Ability to travel 0-25%, domestic and international travel may be required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.