Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Do you have a passion for great products and Engineering? Enjoy big challenges, working with and learning from a high-performance team? Do you want to be part of driving the next big business for Microsoft? Come work with us in the Global Talent Acquisition Engineering & Operations Team! There is no more competitive, dynamic, and important place in the industry right now than with this team, and Microsoft is back in a big way.
We have opportunities available in Redmond, Houston, Washington DC, Atlanta and Charlotte.
- Stakeholder/Client Engagement - You interpret your client’s business and requirements and set expectations with the client and stakeholders. You ensure communication on changing business needs and trends by developing working relationships with clients and key stakeholders.
- Data Analysis & Hiring Plans - You gather relevant data and perform analyses to identify current and future talent needs, the current state of workforce talent/diversity, and market trends and channel insights. You assess factors that impact hiring goals and review data to improve staffing performance, and make sure hiring plans within your aligned business groups are implemented.
- Candidate Attraction - You get active and potential candidates excited about and interested in a career at Microsoft by telling stories that convey our unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of our competitors.
- Candidate Experience - You make sure candidates are engaged in and satisfied throughout the recruitment process, helping them prepare for each phase.
- Talent Sourcing - You use your growing relationships with talent pools and your understanding of talent markets to qualify, identify, secure and/or develop talent pools to address immediate and near-term talent needs. You develop a pipeline that generates the candidates needed to meet the future talent needs of the business.
- Candidate Assessment & Screening - You interact with our candidates, bringing them through the interview and closing processes and provide support to meet their needs (e.g., onboarding, relocation, Visas, critical dependencies). You assess candidates using prescribed tools and frameworks.
- Operational Compliance & Excellence - You apply established Microsoft staffing policies and standards in execution of your work, and educate clients on the appropriate processes and policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- HRIS Systems - Knowledge of the functionality and components of a HRIS system from a user or first level support standpoint. This includes software-based systems that manage all or a part of the human resources function of an organization (e.g., employment demographics, benefits/compensation management, training, payroll and reporting).
- Legal And Regulatory Requirements - Knowledge of the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines, and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
- Benefits Knowledge - Knowledge of the major benefits areas, including medical, pharmacy, dental, life, disability, employee assistance program paid time off, retirement. This includes knowledge of industry trends, plan terms and legal language, and best practices.
- Candidate Testing - The ability to select, test, administer and evaluate tests to determine a candidate’s ability in a given field. This includes knowledge of valid techniques used to assess candidates/employees, issues surrounding assessment practices, and vendor test offerings.
- Compensation Trends - The ability to stay abreast of compensation trends in the marketplace including competitor practices as well as the ability to analyze compensation and job data that exhibits an ongoing pattern. This includes the ability to forecast future compensation issues and demands.
- Competitive Analysis - The ability to identify competitors and evaluate of their respective strengths and weaknesses in terms of products, services, marketing and other areas. This includes an ability to gather intelligence and interpret it for the purposes of business decisions.
- Diversity - The ability to establish and promote diversity and inclusion in multiple aspects, including the ability to identify high-performing and diverse talent, acknowledge/provide accelerated development opportunities and available resources, create and maintain an environment of objectivity, open communication, and respect. This may also include the ability to implement and support strategies and initiatives that build high-performing, diverse and inclusive teams, and support formal diversity goal requirements.
- Employee Interviewing - The ability to converse with people to gather information for purposes of recruitment, customer requirements, business needs, and other subjects.
- Recruitment - The ability to effectively recruit qualified candidates for position openings. This includes using new and creative recruiting methods, sources, advertising and events to ensure qualified and diverse candidate pools. This includes knowledge of regulatory laws that affect recruitment.
- Recruitment Compensation Analysis - The ability to review compensation quantitative and conceptual problems and situations, analyze data and information, and form valid conclusions for the purposes of recruitment and compensation.
- Recruitment Industry Knowledge - Knowledge of the recruitment industry, including organizations, key contacts, strategies, and offerings.
- Recruitment Negotiating - The ability to achieve mutually satisfying agreements in negotiations with others by listening to their objectives, acting as the company's representative to effectively communicate the company's objective, and seeking common ground and collaborative solutions in the realm of recruitment (e.g., closing, compensation negotiations, vendor negotiations).
- Talent Pipeline Development - Knowledge of Talent Pipelines, a proactive talent supply strategy involving the creation of a continuous stream of highly qualified candidates in anticipation of filling critical and recurrent positions.
- Systems Thinking - The ability to analyze and recognize how a system's parts interrelate and how sub-systems work over time within the context of larger systems. This includes the ability to view systems with a broad perspective and identify overall structures, patterns, and cycles.
- Sourcing/Search tools - Knowledge of and ability to use sourcing and search tools (e.g., LinkedIn, Boolean search strings, Connectifier, Job Posting websites) to find and acquire talent.
- 3+ years of experience in technical talent acquisition (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role
Additional or Preferred Qualification
- Cleared and Govt. hiring experience preferred but not required
- LinkedIn Certification
- Preferred recruiting experience in full stack engineering disciplines
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.