Are you looking to join a fast paced team delivering industry leading wireless products? Microsoft’s Surface is looking for a talented individual to join the RF team to develop hardware designs for wireless-enabled consumer electronic devices (GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc). You will be part of a multi-function product development team where you will work cross group with RF engineers, antenna engineers, SW/FW engineers, verification teams, factory test teams, and program managers delivering best-in-class wireless solutions for mass-production devices.Responsibilities
The RF Engineer will be part of a centralized RF team which is responsible for wireless hardware design for several next generation devices. You will build from your educational foundation, industry experience, collaboration skills, and enthusiasm for wireless development to become an effective member of the RF team. You will be expected to take direction from senior engineers on the team, use your independent judgement to create wireless hardware designs, and ensure they meet design specifications within the project timelines. You will also be expected to work across teams to resolve issues within the product’s wireless sub-systems, and clearly communicate your results and any issues blocking your progress.
• BSEE required (MSEE preferred);
• 5+ years of experience in the product development industry, specifically with wireless hardware development or verification;
• Experience with one or more of the following radio technologies: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, cellular;
• Demonstrated knowledge of digital communication formats (e.g. QAM, OFDM, QPSK) and PHY-level of wireless standards (e.g. Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac);
• Proficiency in basic RF concepts such as impedance matching, smith chart, transmission line theory.
• Proficiency with sophisticated wireless test equipment, specifically Litepoint and/or R&S testers and other typical RF lab equipment (VNA’s, spectrum analyzer, VSG/VSA, etc);
• Experience with standard hardware development process, including component selection/evaluation, schematic capture, and PCB layout.
• Experience with debug of RF parametric test failures, and identifying root-cause and fixes;
• Experience with high-frequency circuit- and system-level simulation tools;
• Proven data analysis and reporting skills, including efficient organization and representation of complex test data;
• Demonstrated capability of working effectively in a team environment, including taking direction from more senior engineers, working self-sufficiently, and being able to elicit help from team-members when needed;
• Ability to work with external partners such as FAE’s, test equipment suppliers, and chipset suppliers;
• Ability to learn quickly, and be enthusiastic with a desire to work in a fast-paced but highly rewarding environment;
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.