Azure Database for PostgreSQL is one of the newest services added to the family of relational database services provided in Microsoft Azure. We are expanding the choice of database services in Azure and need your help to meet our customers’ demand. Our team is part of Database Systems organization and building the best PostgreSQL experience in the world.
We are looking for PostgreSQL experts and committers. We are looking for people passionate about tackling the breadth of issues coming from running PostgreSQL at scale, such as improving scalability, query performance and processing, storage and networking optimizations, operating systems integration, and more. If you would like to help us make PostgreSQL better with each release, please let us know.Responsibilities
Here’s a little introduction to our team:
- We look for engineers who are actively looking to contribute to the open source PostgreSQL database.
- We look for opportunities to improve existing technologies and are at the forefront of Microsoft’s embracing of open source.
- We spend our days collaborating with, teaching, and learning from a diverse set of world class engineers. We develop, test, and check code in every day.
- We are obsessed with making data-driven decisions using telemetry collected from customers and production systems.
- We take time to build the engineering systems that allow us to focus on new problems and reduce overhead.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or 3+ years of industry engineering experience
- 10+ years of programming experience in C OR Java OR C++ OR object-oriented programming
- 4+ years of experience in contributing and 1+ years of experience in committing improvements to PostgreSQL
- Solid communication skills
- Experience with internals of PostgreSQL, including storage engine, query planner, and query executor
- Experience in delivering technical presentations at conferences, preferably on PostgreSQL.
- Experience in interacting with other PostgreSQL core development team members.
- Experience building and shipping production grade software or services.
- Experience creating and shipping V1 products using modern development practices.
- Enjoys contributing to open source projects.
- Great curiosity and willingness to question.
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner.
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems.
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and distributed systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.