Do you have a passion for Cloud Services? Do you love to solve problems and help improve the quality of Microsoft's products? Are you customer obsessed and have a growth mindset? If so, this is a great opportunity for you. Microsoft Services is looking for a Premier Field Engineer. In this role you will be working with customers and partners building, deploying, operating and optimizing large complex enterprise environments. You will also be responsible for customer satisfaction, deployment, adoption and support of enterprise Microsoft deployments.
As a PFE you will be a key technical resource for the customer, primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing tailored guidance. Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with Microsoft Premier Support to expedite incident resolution. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements.Responsibilities
· Participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs, represent them
· Create deliverables to address common Microsoft Unified Support customer needs & support mobile-first, cloud-first strategy, share intellectual property with others
· Maintain, expand accreditations and certifications; assist in developing best practices for key technologies & products to support technical team readiness
· Consistently apply “lessons learned”, model personal accountability & teamwork.
· Contribute & participate with meetings to articulate Microsoft Unified Support offerings to all customers; share knowledge thru communities, adapt for customersQualifications
3+ years’ experience in systems development, network operations, software support, IT consulting
• Ability to work independently cross collaboration working in a fast-paced environment where technology and customers' requirements can change regularly
• Demonstrated aptitude for providing extraordinary customer service, influence, impact while problem solving and building Customer & Partner relationships.
• Possess a passion for continuous learning, strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and good judgement
• Ability to apply product & technology knowledge to improve Microsoft products and the customer experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience
Intermittently, there will be business need to travel domestic and international depending on the account you will own.
Technical Skills and qualifications:
· 3+ years of working experience on Microsoft Exchange 2016/ 2013 / 2010 server, Mail Flow, EXO, Client connectivity (On-prem and cloud), Device management, Load balancing, Authentication and Hybrid Identity technologies
· Experience with migration of Exchange customers to Office 365 and end to end support and troubleshooting experience of Exchange Online and Office 365 Hybrid solutions
· Knowledge of Office 365 and EXO product capabilities, troubleshooting, and monitoring tools
· Experience with troubleshooting, configuring and supporting Hybrid scenarios
· Additional skills in Exchange Online Protection, Antigen/Forefront Protection for Exchange
· Must have the ability to take on internal initiatives to create services opportunities, and work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple demands, addressing shifting priorities, and maintaining focus
· Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code
· Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals.
· Understanding of n-tier solutions