Microsoft’s Gaming Marketing team is revolutionizing gaming. With a rich set of existing products and services like Xbox, Xbox Game Pass, Halo, Minecraft and Mixer, our gaming business is a one of the most exciting places to work in technology. We are fortunate to work on products that are loved by passionate customers, anchored by tier one marketing experiences. Our mission at Team Xbox is to inspire and engage every gamer on the planet with interactive and imaginative experiences. Our vision is to empower gamers to play the games they want, with the people they want, on the devices they want.
We are passionate about our mission, our vision and delighting Xbox fans worldwide. We are looking for people who believe in our mission and who will strengthen our culture. People with exceptional skill and capabilities; and those with new perspectives that will strengthen our team.
Minecraft is one of the most popular video game franchises of all time, with over 170M+ copies sold. The game inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and fosters a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. Minecraft is widely available across virtually every platform and continues to grow rapidly.
To help accelerate player engagement & drive growth across the global business, we are looking to hire a creative, results-oriented product marketing leader who wants to be part of the team that takes Minecraft to the next level while helping shape the future of gaming & education at Microsoft.
This role will collaborate with talented marketing teams based in Redmond, Stockholm, Beijing, Tokyo, Guangzhou, as well as senior engineering, marketing, PR, finance, education and business leaders across Microsoft. You’ll roll-up your sleeves & deliver marketing programs with the potential to shape one of the biggest brands of all time.
The Minecraft Senior Product Marketing Manager will develop & execute product marketing plans to help expand the franchise in key areas, specifically education and strategic growth markets (China & Japan). Key responsibilities include creating a unified development and marketing vision for Minecraft products, both customized for use in the classroom, and adapted to local market needs. The product marketing lead will work closely with internal development teams to hone product design and feature prioritization, define business & marketing objectives, prioritize target audiences, refine value proposition and messaging, and develop and land global and local go-to-market campaigns.
The candidate is creative and a results-oriented product marketer who is fluent in English and Mandarin, effective at optimizing results through owned, earned, and paid marketing channels, and enjoys the thrill of working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. Equally important is the ability to effectively lead and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders while delivering effective go-to-market plans. The ideal candidate wants to be a part of the team that takes Minecraft: Education Edition to the next level, extends the reach of the base game across key Asian markets, and works with business and product leads to explore new markets in Asia and beyond.Responsibilities
- Lead a team to build and execute marketing strategies and plans for key growth markets (China, Japan, South East Asia)
- Lead a team to build and execute global marketing strategies and plans for Minecraft: Education Edition.
- Establish trust, foster relationships and manage local business & agency partner teams.
- Design & execute global campaigns to drive acquisition, engagement and retention
- Design & execute local marketing campaigns and/or activations in support of key season moments in local markets.
- Coordinate custom asset development & localization for key priorities & markets.
- Partner with local agencies to develop, launch & sustain local Minecraft O&O/partner channels.
- Develop influencer strategies for growth market creators (in partnership with Community team).
- Represent Minecraft as appropriate at key industry events, presentations, and partner/executive briefings.
- Knowledge of education technology industry and trends preferred.
- 5+ years of business and consumer marketing experience, ideally across large scale consumer brands.
- Experience in brand management and ensuring partners adapt and implement brand values and guidelines in all creative executions, marketing campaigns, and partnership investments.
- Commitment to creating player-first, high-quality experiences that surprise & delight our global community.
- Demonstrated experience building and nurturing successful global partnerships.
- A proven ability to lead & land multiple campaigns / moments – including hands-on execution.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, analytical skills and problem identification / resolution skills.
- A high degree of creativity & ability to identify multiple solutions to complex problems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to effectively lead cross-departmental teams and articulate complex topics at varying levels of detail.
- Fluency in Mandarin language preferred.
- A passion for working in ambiguous, fast-paced start-up environments.
- Willingness to travel.
- Commitment to excellence.
- A great sense of humor.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.