Are you creative and passionate about technology and ready to bring your experiences and accomplishments to work on cutting edge legal, business, and technology issues related to digital advertising? If so, Microsoft Corporation has an immediate opening for a dynamic, highly-motivated attorney to join the team supporting the Microsoft Advertising and Engineering organizations within the Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (CELA) Marketing and Consumer Business team.
Microsoft Advertising and Engineering are responsible for developing the Microsoft Advertising platform and features, and selling search advertising through the Bing platform as well as identifying and realizing opportunities to drive display advertising and additional post-sale monetization across Microsoft's consumer products. This attorney will work in Microsoft’s offices located in Bellevue, Washington.Responsibilities
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide front-line counsel and advice to business executives and others on a broad range of complex and developing legal and business issues related to global sales, operations, customer support, marketing, privacy and compliance.
- Provide coordinated advice to engineering and business teams that design, develop, globalize, and deploy advertising features on a variety of complex issues including privacy, security, intellectual property, licensing, marketing, and compliance.
- Draft and negotiate transactional documents, including agreements related to strategic partnerships and the sale, distribution, licensing or marketing of advertising services or content.
- Develop and implement processes, templates and best practices and share knowledge across the CELA Community.
- Collaborate with internal and external legal and policy specialists to help analyze and address legal and regulatory issues and implement resulting business and legal strategies.
- Lead cross-group projects related to core client initiatives.
- A J.D. or equivalent from an ABA accredited law school, an active license to practice law, and at least 10 years as a practicing commercial/business attorney or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating a broad variety of transactional agreements.
- Outstanding analytical, organizational, writing and oral communication skills, as well as a strong record of effective cross-group collaboration in a diverse and matrixed environment.
- Sound and practical business judgment, an ability to think strategically and a desire to establish a “trusted advisor” relationship with key business clients.
- Confident self-starter who is effective at driving cross-group projects, collaborating well with colleagues and a great team player.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations in a fast-paced environment and across geographies and inter-departmental teams.
- Experience with digital advertising, engineering/product support, privacy, and consumer protection regulatory and policy issues is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.