The Modern Workplace is Microsoft largest cloud business and is growing rapidly with an ambition to create the world's productivity cloud. Through our hero product offering - Microsoft 365 - our goal is to help transform how organizations of all shapes and sizes work and thrive in today's digital economy.
As the Executive Communications Manager based in the Microsoft 365 marketing team, you’ll be responsible for leading and developing the modern workplace and Microsoft 365 stories across a wide range of audiences and topics. In this impactful and critical role, you will work directly with the CVP for the modern workplace, in developing and landing the voice, tone and consistency of Microsoft 365 and modern workplace stories through our executives.Responsibilities
- Manage, develop and support executives across the M365 and Modern Workplace organization to land critical business messages
- Create compelling and visually impactful presentations and written communications at launches, conferences and other critical forums
- Lead communications and storytelling narratives for the organization by building cross-organizational virtual teams that span marketing, engineering, HR and partner divisions
- Partnering with business management and other executive communication managers, drive internal and employee communications rhythms that support and outstanding employee culture
- Lead editorial and executive voice for the Microsoft 365 blog
- Develop a comprehensive brand platform strategy and execution plan for CVP Jared Spataro in conjunction with PR and marketing teams across all marketing channels
- Established track record writing for and successfully positioning senior executives.
- BA or BS and/or MBA in journalism, English or related communications discipline
Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential to be successful in this role. Understanding and simplifying complex business strategy and technologies to build compelling presentations, demos, speeches – all with a knack for a ‘sticky’ story and an eye for design – is key.
The successful candidate must have an established track record writing for and successfully positioning senior executives.
This position requires extensive cross-group collaboration and the ability to influence at all levels of the company. The successful candidate will be able to quickly win the respect and trust of diverse groups, including executives, content and business owners, and event production teams. Some travel will be required.
The ideal candidate will possess a BA or BS and/or MBA in journalism, English or communications disciplines, along with 8+ years’ experience in communications, marketing or speech management. Prior experience working closely with senior executives is a must.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.