Marketing Communications Manager, Customer Service & Support
With over 8,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Services & Support (CSS) team includes support engineers, advocates, and business leaders who serve Microsoft’s customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. Our CSS team is on the front lines with our customers – Consumer through global Enterprises - ultimately empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
It‘s an amazing time for our industry. Microsoft has an opportunity to be the market leader in customer support experience and we need your leadership to help us act on it. The Customer Service and Support organization is the place where the future, digital end-end customer support experiences will come to life. As an organization we seek to empower, help and advise customers on how to get the most from their technology investments while enabling our people to put customers at the center of all that we do.
As the Marketing Communications Manager for CSS within the Chief of Staff Office, you will be responsible for campaign development, management and execution across internal Microsoft channels.
We are an agile, collaborative team looking for candidates who have a passion for inspiring, informing and engaging people through communications. We are always looking for new and effective channels to extend the CSS message around the world – so bring your creativity and ideas! You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have strong planning skills and commitment to excellence.
- Concept development and testing to ensure campaigns resonate across cultures, generations, and language
- Partnering with stakeholders and subject matter experts to align on key messages and content
- Management of external suppliers for creative materials including design, video, etc.
- Management and promotion of collateral library for site PMs, business managers and communications managers
- Collaborate across teams to cross-promote campaigns
- Oversee Microsoft modern communications platform for CSS, ensuring integrated and targeted communications across all channels
- Measure the effectiveness of campaigns
- 5+ years experience in internal communications
- Must be a creative thinker who can develop impactful and memorable communications for a variety of audiences and topics
- Strong written communication skills able to understand complex business strategy and technology, and be able to translate this into understandable yet creative narratives
- Individual campaign development, planning and execution in line with the CSS strategy and Microsoft brand guidelines
Strong cross-group coordination across all levels
- Resourceful at finding the right stakeholders and driving stakeholder workstreams
- Ability to build compelling speeches, videos, emails, and other communications
- Flexible, and capable of dealing with ambiguity, adversity, change, and real-time adjustments to projects and plans
- Ability to work effectively and gain respect of diverse groups, including executives, other executive staff, content and business owners, and event production teams
- Experience in business development
- Must have exceptional messaging and positioning skills
- Must have ability to understand complex business and technology strategies translating this to compelling messaging delivered across various communication types
- Has exceptional attention to detail and ensures accuracy in all communications deliverables
- Can project manage multiple communication projects simultaneously and drive strong workback plans and milestones
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.