Our Inventory Control Experts, also known as ICE, are Microsoft-brand ambassadors who are operationally focused to support the in-store customer experience while protecting the financial and physical assets of Microsoft. This person is focused on all back-of-house operations, primarily focused on shipping/receiving, replenishment, compliance and inventory control.
As a Microsoft Retail Store employee, you have the unique opportunity to impact our company's mission every single day. Microsoft Retail Stores are the hub of cutting-edge devices and services, providing our customers the opportunity to immerse themselves in the latest and greatest in technology solutions that fit into their everyday lifestyle. As a member of our global Stores team, we value your unique perspective, background, experiences, talents and abilities. We are seeking store teammates who will make authentic connections with our customers, who come from all walks of life, and provide world-class service that transforms them into Microsoft-brand fans.
- A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and welcoming of all
- Training that will make you feel empowered to do your best work even if you aren’t a tech expert
- Career opportunities for all of our employees
- Fantastic, comprehensive and competitive benefits for full-time and part-time employees
- Gratitude & recognition for our awesome employees
- Belief that at Microsoft #WeWinAsATeam
- Generate customer obsession within our community through your passion and knowledge of everything inventory related
- Help customers discover, buy, use, and love Microsoft technology solutions and services that meets and exceeds their individual expectations
- Evangelize product offerings and cross platform ecosystem integration through in-store experiences and learning engagements that build on increased utilization with devices customers own and love
- Consistently meet brand expectations through maintaining sales floor merchandising standards of in-stock product
- Ability to thrive and be effective in a fast-paced retail environment while providing sales floor assistance based on the needs of the business
Drive for Results
- Takes responsibility in delivering on commitments and seeks positive results that benefit the store, both in the backhouse and on the floor through effective time management
- Execution of Microsoft Compliance Standards
Influencing for Impact
- Continuously maintain subject matter expertise with inventory processes and procedures along with learning through others, self-educating and showcasing product and service offerings
- Lead by example, take pride in your work and enjoy helping and developing others while creating fun environments; Energize people through your passion
- Feel empowered to engage with peers, store leaders, corporate and field team members in the development of innovative ways to make a larger impact in our customers lives
- Combines resources and joins efforts with teammates to achieve store and company goals
- 1+ year’s retail sales or customer service experience
- Valid authorization to work in the U.S. is required; no visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Experience in high volume retail or warehouse/back-of-house operations/inventory environment
- Experience with shipping and receiving
- Strong verbal & written communication skills and a high-level attention to detail
- Experience in teaching and training around inventory processes
- Flexibility with your schedule as hours will be based on business needs
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualification may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.