At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Over the years, Microsoft has experienced great success and we are just at the beginning of an incredible new wave of opportunity. Today, we live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and the transformation we are driving across our businesses is designed to enable Microsoft and our customers to thrive in this world. Every organization across the planet will look to internal and external digital tools to help in their own digital transformation. Microsoft is uniquely positioned in an era of massive business and societal transformation. Our entire purpose is to make things that help our customers make things -- and make things happen. Join us in our quest to democratize the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge capabilities for the world.
Business Operations Intern
Are you an analytical thinker who has great communication and cross-team collaboration skills and thrives on working with fast paced, rapidly growing, and highly accountable sales, finance and operations teams? If you are, there's no better time to join the Business Programs & Operations discipline at Microsoft! You will be at the business center of excellence for cross-business execution performance, planning, and Subsidiary operations. The team helps scale execution, drives clear business & market insights that result in Microsoft achieving its business objectives.
As a Business Operations Intern for Canadian Enterprise Sales you will lead Sales Operations projects within your respective teams and will support Sales Directors in the management of their business. You will have exciting learning opportunities by helping the Enterprise Operating Unit Sales Operations team in managing sales pipeline and developing innovative BI reporting and insights. You will also be accountable for supporting the creation and execution of strategic sales motion that have the potential to drive revenue within the teams you support.Responsibilities
Sales Business Management & Support
- Working closely with Sales Leaders to provide business management and some operational support for ~$700M businesses, including the development of management dashboards, revenue forecasting and a variety of reporting and analytics
- Working closely with Account Executives and Opportunity Managers to provide insight and ideas to enable new rhythms of business growth
- Business planning & strategy research for account planning, sales opportunities, etc.
Sales Excellence Operations & Analytics
- Sales Excellence Projects varying from developing Manager Dashboards, Power BI Insight Reporting, operationalizing and streamlining process.
- Ad hoc requests that support the various Sales Excellence, Customer Facing and Marketing projects.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Information Technologies, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields (pursuing with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship).
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay maniacally focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative, matrixed, and global sales organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with insatiable curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Relentlessly Resourceful: you have the drive to overcome any obstacle in your work.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Pure Challenge: demonstrated desire and ability to readily take on complex challenges and work towards solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems.
- Passion for Technology: you're deeply motivated by the incredible opportunity of how technology can inspire and ignite change and renewal
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.