Are you looking forward to a career in finance? Microsoft's undergraduate finance internship opportunity has the training you need to get your career in finance underway. This program has a 15-year track record of producing some of Microsoft's top full-time finance professionals. For 12 weeks, you'll put classroom theory to the test by working on real business issues embedded on one of our top finance teams at the world's leading software company.
Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job. Read on to learn more about opportunities and apply online!
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available finance intern roles including the ones described below, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered for an internship position, you need to be enrolled as a student with at least one semester/quarter remaining after the internship.
As a Financial analyst intern, you'll learn how to perform financial analysis from full-time professionals at Microsoft. This unique opportunity will get you involved in the dynamic high-tech space solving problems using best-in-class financial tools. You'll also be able to explore one of many areas of Microsoft Finance: Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, Capital Markets, Sales and Marketing, Finance, Accounting, or any one of the many product groups such as Office, Xbox or many others.
Interns will interact directly with Finance rotation program Analysts, who serve as dedicated coaches for Finance interns. Coaches ensure you have the resources and encouragement needed to succeed in your internship and they take care to explain your future career opportunities if you return full time. You will participate in social events held by the Microsoft internship and Finance Rotation programs. These events allow you to socialize with interns from across the company as well as those who are in similar internships. Past events have included hikes at Mount Rainier, sailing along Lake Washington, and Mariners baseball games.Responsibilities
You will become a valued and integral member within your finance area. You will work on a variety of projects that directly impact the business, such as building models, forecasting, market research, or creating internal tools or databases. Your manager will work with you to make sure your projects are meaningful and relevant based on your interests and development needs. Additionally, you will receive finance-specific training and have access to all company-wide training resources to help you succeed in your role.Qualifications
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business (on track to graduate by June 2021)
- One or more years of classroom and/or finance internship work experience in financial risk analysis with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills preferred
- Strong competency in MS Office, especially in Excel including pivot tables; certifications or relevant coursework preferred
- Power BI /Tableau or other data visualization experience preferred
- SQL/R/Python or other programming/data science experience preferred
- Proven ability, experience, and overall understanding of fundamental finance and accounting acumen including: data modeling, data analytics, FP&A, forecasting, interpreting financial statements, and reporting
- Capable of working with high degree of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with multiple business partners and teams
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.