Business development managers identify key strategic initiatives to develop and successfully execute Go to Market strategies against top competitors.
Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job. Read on to learn more about opportunities and apply online!
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available business development & strategy intern roles including the one described below. To be considered for an internship position, you need to be enrolled as a student with at least one semester/quarter remaining after the internship.
As a Business Development Analyst, you will focus on our Business Development priorities, extending our core value proposition for developers and IT professionals through innovative partnerships and high-quality management of key partner relationships.Responsibilities
For 12 weeks, the Intern will work within the business development organization on a range of projects with the following responsibilities:
- Initiating, Assessing and Executing on Partnerships
- Identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing partnership opportunities in support of the partner strategy, including developing the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics)
- Assessing the economic value/business impact of potential deals under consideration
- Structuring deal terms and developing a negotiation strategy
- Shadowing members of the Business Development team on negotiations.
- Communicating with stakeholders to secure buy-in and approvals.
- Developing and Recommending Partnership Strategies
- Developing partner strategies and engagement plans for different product groups, including feature gap analysis, compete reviews, build vs. partner assessments, and identifying opportunities that drive unique business value.
- Identifying key partnerships to execute on the plans
- Presenting recommendations to engineering and marketing stakeholders.
- Pursuing either a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in relevant field with a minimum of one quarter or semester of school to complete after internship.
- Experience in selling software solutions to large enterprises preferred.
- Skills required include:
- Excellent communication skills and strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong desire and business acumen for consultative solution selling.
- Exceptional negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for technology, both consumer and enterprise.
- Some understanding of cloud computing, Microsoft Office 365, or devices preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.