Microsoft is transforming its products, services, and itself. We want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. To help accomplish this we need exceptional Human Resources talent who are innovators, influencers, and change agents in shaping the Future of Work at Microsoft.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a connected cohort of collaborative, ambitious, and talented early-in-career professionals, while seeking to challenge yourself, learn, and grow your career? Then the Microsoft HR Rotation Program (HR2P) is looking for you to join us for a summer internship!
Our program offers a personalized experience based on business needs and individual preferences, enabling you to reach your career goals. Opportunities are available across a variety of disciplines including HR business partner, compensation & benefits, HR services, talent acquisition, learning & development, people analytics, diversity & inclusion, or program management. Mentoring and feedback are consistently provided throughout the summer to promote continued development, and a supportive community of program alumni are committed to your success.
This is a tremendous opportunity for you to apply classroom learning to real business issues, all while enjoying a beautiful summer in the Pacific Northwest! High-performing interns are considered for full time positions in Microsoft HR at the end of the summer.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available human resources intern roles including the one described below. To be considered for an internship position, you need to be enrolled as a student with at least one semester/quarter remaining after the internship.
If selected for a full-time offer, you will participate in a 3-year rotational program created to develop and grow well-rounded HR professionals who can navigate and thrive in the increasingly complex tech industry and world. The HR Rotational Program will enable you to:
- Jump start your career with intentionally designed rotations
- Build connections across a tight-knit cohort, the HR community, and the broader MBA/Masters community at Microsoft
- Develop personally through a capability-building learning path designed specifically for program participants, a global immersion experience, opportunities to work on business challenges critical to the HR leadership team, and senior mentorship
This 12-week internship program is thoughtfully orchestrated to provide you with strategic projects, exposure to company leadership, and bodies of work that will impact the business directly. As an HR intern at Microsoft, you will be at the center of the company’s transformation, carrying the energy of our company’s culture to help leaders, teams, and individuals model our cultural attributes and drive the business forward.Qualifications
- Actively enrolled in a Masters of HR or MBA Program
- 3-5 years of professional work experience
The most competitive candidates will demonstrate:
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence individuals at all levels of the organization
- Willingness and ability to proactively learn and grow with the company
- Ability to tie HR work to business outcomes
- Leadership skills
- Ability to be a strong partner in a team-based environment
- Ability to drive results in a dynamic environment
- Passion for Microsoft, technology, and HR
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.