Our mission at Microsoft is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our partner ecosystem is at the forefront of bringing this powerful mission to life and it’s the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization that will drive the transformation of this ecosystem to accelerate cloud growth for all partners and Microsoft.
The Azure ISV Program Manager (PM) is an important contributor to Microsoft's WW ISV Partner Strategy Team as part of OCP. As we drive to be the leading cloud platform, we are hiring an exceptional PM to work with the OCP Solutions Teams, Business Groups and Field Teams directly on ISV value proposition, ISV programs and ISV offers to extend our partner portfolio’s with new solutions. This exciting and challenging role will require effective engagement across multiple stakeholders, strategic focus in order to demonstrate leadership to influence our strategy and investment approach for ISV specific growth and success.
In order to develop and drive growth, the Azure PM will lead and be accountable to pilot, roll out and scale out solution adoption across WW and field ISV Teams. The role will also manage the adoption curve with best practice sharing, program enhancements, performance tracking and regular connection calls inclusive of “get to green” plans where needed and in strong partnership with solution and business group counterparts.Responsibilities
Key responsibilities and duties of the ISV Program Manager - Azure include:
- Be the ISV subject matter expert on AZURE solution area market opportunity, trends and competitive insights. Leverage available reporting to deeply understand which ISVs are using which services and develop the next logical adoption approach.
- Maintain close contact with ISV field teams and partners to gather insights around the real needs of ISVs to build IP solutions on Azure.
- Align across OCP strategy team(s) and business groups key solution area priorities, investments, programs and offers required for ISV success.
- Take accountability to land solution area ISV programs and offers. Work across BG, OCP and ISV teams to land motions, track progress and run pilots and programs.
- Track performance by area, representing the field in our MBRs, leading Correction of error (COE) efforts, share insights into monthly and quarterly rhythms, drive and take action on learning from business process(es) to address key issues to resolution through feedback loop.
To successfully perform the duties of the ISV PM - Azure mentioned above, the ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Ability to build strong relationships and Influence Sales, Marketing, Product professionals in order to impact sales results
- Ability to execute across groups, showing executive maturity in partner/ internal Microsoft meetings
- Ability to provide consistent, effective & efficient verbal and written communication
- Ability to operate and manage financial and process controls
- Prior Azure work experience with sales or marketing capacity launching cloud services enabled solutions in key industries
- 5+ years of experience in core program management, partner or business development, or alliance management in the technology industry
- 3+ years of experience bringing ISV solutions to market
- 3+ years of work experience in the computer software industry including cloud experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a global capacity building and landing programs alongside multiple contributors
To successfully perform the duties of the ISV PM - Azure mentioned above, the ideal candidate will possess these additional experiences and qualifications:
- Executive presence and ability to influence business leaders through business value propositions
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong stakeholder management
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Bachelor's degree (Business Mgt., Business Operations, Engineering) or MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.