Human Resources Manager – Employee Relations
The Cloud + Artificial Intelligence (C+AI) group is leading the way to enable Microsoft’s Cloud-First/Mobile-First strategy, and to transform both the industry and the future of enterprise computing. Our team provides world class HR service to the ~23,000 U.S. managers and employees of C+AI.
We are looking for an HR manager who is passionate about influencing and impacting a high growth and dynamic business through effective management (both proactive and reactive) of employee relations and related activities. This person will be a member of the team accountable for managing employee relations cases across the entire C+AI organization while analyzing trends and building linkages to management development, retention efforts, and HR business intelligence activity.
The work of the successful candidate will include:
- Partnering with managers and business leaders on issues including poor performance, policy violations, and investigations; managing cases from beginning to conclusion
- Improving manager capability by providing coaching to managers and employees
- Leveraging your insights to influence all levels of the organization and effectively handling complex employee situations that could have high organizational impact
- Partnering across line HR to organize trainings for managers on preventing employee relations issues, effective management of performance cases, giving performance feedback, employee engagement and retention, compensation analytics, and other topics related to manager effectiveness
- Utilizing consulting skills to effectively contract work with clients
- Employee Relations Case Management – You will be responsible for effectively resolving a caseload of varying complexity in a professional and timely manner while ensuring that you are adhering to Microsoft’s policies and guidelines and mitigating potential risks to the company. You will employ a variety of tactics and adapt to the various situations in each part of the organization.
- Analysis and Recommendations – By tracking cases and crossing this with other organizational data, you will be well positioned to analyze trends and identify issues in and across teams. You will work with line HR to address these issues and also use proactive measures to prevent future ones from occurring.
- Qualifications should include 5-8 combined years of directly applicable HR and/or Employee Relations experience or an equivalent combination of advanced training and experience. Other skills include but are not limited to:
- Ability to partner with HR and legal teams to effectively manage and all types of employee relations cases
- Excellent coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills, including stellar communication, collaboration, case handling and project management
- Analytical skills with ability to use data to form hypothesizes, draw insights, form narratives, prioritize, and influence decisions.
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws and regulations (ADA, EEO, FMLA) and the ability to appropriately spot employment risk issues.
- Ability to recognize trends and identify systemic approaches to solving problems.
- Business and people acumen, knowledge of consulting frameworks and models, and ability to influence employees and managers at all levels
- Ability to use experience and judgment to make decisions that may be based on partial information.
- Comfort and experience dealing with ambiguity, change, and challenging problems
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree is required. MBA or MA in HR-related field, along with a PHR/SPHR certification, is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.