Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters, managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure, and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams).
The CO + I Infrastructure Supply Chain team is looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Manager with a proven track record and passion for driving product quality and process improvements at scale. Your job is to own and drive root cause analysis and supplier quality process improvements with internal stakeholders and external suppliers. You will work with a global team to streamline supply chain processes and own relationships with many stakeholders including suppliers and engineering partners. You must be very detail oriented, data driven, hands-on, and can trouble shoot complex logical problems.
You have deep passion for solving quality and business problems, excellence in data analysis, out of box thinking solutions to resolve complex issues. You love the challenge of solving big, bold problems. You see opportunities when others see failures. You are a great communicator, able to customize your message to many layers in a large Corporation and you are comfortable delivering difficult messages when they are required. You have helicopter thinking (big picture) but have an ability to go to ground level details. You are a meticulous process designer, knowing how to instrument processes and ensure quality in design, long before getting to launch. You are tenacious in unearthing risks and mitigate them proactively, engaging whoever you need for support to do this.
Strong problem-solving skills, knowledge of engineering and or manufacturing processes and quality systems / tools balanced with technical knowledge on Datacenter products are critical to success.
- Conduct root cause analysis on high impact problems, identify trends, forecast risks and take proactive steps to prevent similar occurrences.
- Audit supplier’s quality and manufacturing process to ensure that they meet Microsoft requirements, identify gaps and work with the suppliers to mitigate those gaps.
- Define business and supplier performance metrics, implement tools to track metrics, analyze the data to drive decision making and process optimization needs.
- Drive global quality programs across Data center portfolio and ensure that in everything we do, we’re driving forward actions from the lessons learned, minimizing risk, and maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Subject matter expert for quality and continuous improvement.
- Train internal and external stakeholders on the RCA process, Six Sigma and LEAN structured problem-solving methods/ tools to facilitate effective quality program management.
- Partner with sourcing, engineering and suppliers.
- Travel globally to support the program.
Success in this role will require a high degree of collaboration, critical thinking and process design expertise.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, or 4 years equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional level experience in quality management or engineering.
- Experience rolling out quality programs in global environment.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification and LEAN techniques preferred.
- Ability to coach, train and support personnel to improve their processes using quality tools such as: A3 problem solving, mistake proofing, 8-D, and Statistical Process Control.
- Experience leading cross functional team of engineering, manufacturing, operations and suppliers to identify root causes and drive corrective actions.
- knowledge of data center infrastructure equipment products (e.g. Electrical Distribution, Mechanical Cooling Systems, etc.) preferred.
- Strong executive presence and ability to distill complex information into consumable and actionable themes for an executive audience.
- Ability to travel globally to support program work.
- Drives through ambiguity, self-motivated and thrives on minimal supervision. Sound judgment, decision-making skills, and ability to work under continual deadline pressure in an extremely volatile and high paced environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.