Data Scientists at Microsoft help to improve the quality of experiences on our devices and services. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate Data Scientists to apply rigorous scientific methodology and algorithms to data in order to improve Microsoft’s devices, operating systems, and services. As a Data Scientist, you will provide unique insight into business and customer scenarios that cut across organizational boundaries and lead the growth of a data-driven culture within Microsoft.
- Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference?
- Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas?
- Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly-collaborative and global environment?
- If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job.
Read on to learn more about opportunities and apply online!
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Data & Applied Sciences roles including the ones described below, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered as a student or recent graduate, you should be within 12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 12 months.
Opportunities for Data Scientists—one of today’s hottest jobs—are rapidly growing in response to the exponential amounts of data being captured and analyzed. Microsoft looks to hire Data Scientists to find insights and to solve meaningful business problems.
The Data Science domain is growing rapidly and we are interested in people with diverse multi-disciplinary backgrounds, engineering and analytical skills, ruthless curiosity, and the motivation to improve product quality with data. If you consistently use data to improve the world around you and have the energy and flexibility to help us build a world class team, come join us to change the world of computing.
Data Science Consultant/Architect
Service delivery professionals, both Consultants and Architects, work to deliver technical solutions directly with the customer, helping them to maximize their investment in Microsoft technology. This requires a willingness to bring order to often ambiguous and complex implementations. Applicants should and be strategic and forward looking, so solutions scale to future business and technical needs.Responsibilities
As a Data Scientist, you will formulate approaches to solve problems using well-defined algorithms and data sources. You will incorporate an understanding of product functionality and customer perspective to provide context for those problems. You will use data exploration techniques to discover new questions or opportunities within your problem area and propose applicability and limitations of the data. Successful Data Scientists will interpret the results of their analysis, validate their approach, and learn to monitor, analyze, and iterate to continuously improve.
You will engage with peer stakeholders to produce clear, compelling, actionable insights that influence product and service improvements that will impact millions of customers. As a Data Scientist, you will also engage in the peer review process and act on feedback while learning innovative methods, algorithms, and tools to increase the impact and applicability of your results.
Data Science Consultant/Architect
Building upon solid analytical and IT project experience, these professionals will work with to assist customers in the delivery of high quality engagements around Microsoft's solution areas, technologies, services and products in diverse client environments. Delivery professionals will also help assist customers: in stabilizing developed solutions using Microsoft methodologies in complex customer environments, in the design and development of integrated solutions using the latest Microsoft products, services and technologies and in understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure and operations implications of the developed solution.
- A bachelor’s or master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Applied Sciences like Biostatistics, Physics, Chemistry, Computational Neurology and or other quant-focused field (within 12 months of graduation).
- Some Engineering experience and or project course work using large data systems on SQL, Hadoop, etc.
- Proficiency using one or more programming or scripting language to work with data such as: Python, Perl, or C#.
- Some experience and or project course work performing data analysis and applying statistics working with tools such as: Excel, R, MATLAB, AMPL, or SAS.
- Some experience and or project course work with product and service telemetry systems.
- Some A/B Testing or experimentation (this can be from conducting real life science experiments, hypothesis testing in stats etc.) Not required but ideal.
- Some experience or course work applying basic ML to a type of data and or used algorithms to conduct experiments on data. Machine Learning strongly encouraged.
- Passion to learn from your peers, manager, and other stakeholders in the Data Science domain.
- Ability to interact with peers and stakeholders to drive product and business impact.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.