Microsoft’s Gaming Marketing team is revolutionizing gaming. With a rich set of existing products and services like Xbox, Xbox Game Pass, Halo, Minecraft and Mixer, our gaming business is a one of the most exciting places to work in technology. We are fortunate to work on products that are loved by passionate customers, anchored by tier one marketing experiences. Our mission at Team Xbox is to inspire and engage every gamer on the planet with interactive and imaginative experiences. Our vision is to empower gamers to play the games they want, with the people they want, on the devices they want.
We are passionate about our mission, our vision and delighting Xbox fans worldwide. We are looking for people who believe in our mission and who will strengthen our culture. People with exceptional skill and capabilities; and those with new perspectives that will strengthen our team.
The highly acclaimed, award winning Forza franchise, which includes the Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon series of games, is the best-selling racing franchise this generation across all console platforms and is also home to one of the largest racing communities in the world. Through premier partnerships across the automotive industry, Forza games feature the world's greatest cars, including "First in Forza" debuts such as the McLaren P1 and Senna, Ferrari La Ferrari, Ford GT, Lamborghini Centenario and the Porsche 911 GT2 RS. The Forza franchise is developed by Turn 10 Studios, creators of Forza Motorsport, together with UK-based Playground Games, developers of the Forza Horizon series.
Xbox has an amazing opportunity for a world class marketer to join the Forza marketing team and help us continue to shape and grow the franchise. Ideal candidates have experience launching AAA games on console and PC, running performance marketing campaigns, managing a live service, utilizing consumer insights and analytics to influence product features and messaging, and finding new and innovative ways to reach millions of fans.
This position requires a strong mix of leadership and communication skills to land world-class marketing strategies. In this role you will work closely with studio teams to build and manage always-on marketing campaigns, hone product design and feature prioritization, and support cross-team and cross-product campaign executions. Successful candidates will have a strong track record of marketing games with a steady progression of increased responsibility and impact. You not only understand how to develop blockbuster marketing campaigns, but you also embrace new business models, platforms, and devices. You have demonstrated your ability to define clear goals and develop creative, high-impact marketing strategies to achieve those goals, grounded in a deep understanding of the target customers. Most importantly – you have a passion for what you do!Responsibilities
- Creating global franchise marketing plans (market & competitive analysis, customer understanding, positioning/messaging/branding, PR planning, and marketing strategies) that drive awareness & purchase intent for the Forza franchise
- Developing and leading always-on performance marketing campaigns in partnership with our studio, agency, and media teams
- Developing strategies that incorporate traditional retail and digital business models alongside performance marketing and subscription-based services
- Analyzing consumer trends and behavior to advise and assist the studio with portfolio development and planning
- Defining and managing visual identity for global marketing materials (digital merchandising, branding, advertising creative, product pages)
- Building and nurturing strong relationships with multiple studio teams
- Managing all marketing aspects of the business plan, including sales forecasting, marketing budgets, KPI’s, localization strategy, launch timing, and lifecycle planning
- Represent Microsoft as appropriate at key industry presentations, panels, and executive briefings
- 5+ years of console or PC video game marketing experience is required
- 2+ years of experience running always-on user acquisition marketing campaigns is required
- Proven experience planning and executing game marketing campaigns across creative development, media planning, CRM, PR, partnerships, and events
- BA/BS degree is required
- MBA preferred
- Proven ability to lead and partner with across studio and creative teams
- Strong project management skills with the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Excellent creative and strategic thinking
- This position will require limited travel
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.